Zumba!

Options
How do I log Zumba? It's not an option when I search for it and I know the amount of calories your burn can vary depending on your weight... I weigh 133. Can someone help me, please! :)

Replies

• Cmccracken1
    Cmccracken1 Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    high impact aerobics is what i did.
  • NJHOLMES43
    Options
    I bought a watch that is also a calorie counter/heart rate moniter. Or there are plenty of apps for iphone or android that will help you count calories. Do the math yourself, then put it in manually.
  • Kelly_Wilson1990
    Kelly_Wilson1990 Posts: 3,245 Member
    Options
    I add it as my own exercise using this to calculate calories: https://sites.google.com/site/zumbacaloriesburnt/
  • kellybug123
    Options
    I always choose the dancing activity. Type in dancing and see what you get :) Don't you just LOVE Zumba?
  • Sarah0866
    Sarah0866 Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    I use a heart rate monitor to track what I burn; while you can use different sites to estimate how much you burn, pending on your metabolic rate and your fitness levels, your results will likely vary from other peoples', even if they are your height, age, and weight.

I know the Polar FT7, one of the more basic ones, tells you caloric burn and your time spend in cardio and fat burn zones. That one might be good to invest in ...hope this helps! :)
  • kellybug123
    Options
    I add it as my own exercise using this to calculate calories: https://sites.google.com/site/zumbacaloriesburnt/

Forget my last post. Go to the above website. I went to it and loved it....lol. I was way undershooting the calories burned in a Zumba class. btw...I add exercises to the data base all the time. You can always go to the above website, figure out your calories and add your own exercise. :)
  • KarliMS
    Options
    You girls are such a big help. Thanks!
  • toque_de_miel
    toque_de_miel Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    that zumba site is crazy - i was using "dancing, aerobic" in my diary - but apparently i'm wayy underestimating it? I put it at low intensity and it said i burned around 400 calories where as i was logging 200 for 56 minutes worth of zumba. xD
  • RNewton4269
    RNewton4269 Posts: 663 Member
    Options
    I log mine with my HRM...love the 600 cal + burns for 30 min..and really love the 800-1000 + burns for 45-50 min! Zumba is awesome!
  • sherismb
    sherismb Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    Go to zumbacalories.com, then add it as one of your exercises.