Replies

• amandapandabear29
    Options
    +1
  • remotor
    remotor Posts: 1
    Options
    i just cant get past the taste & consistency lol

for me its like when i was little & my mom would give cherry flavored medicine on spoon

ewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww!! i am i the only person who cant stand it & is greek yogurt different??
    alantin wrote: »
    I got fed up with it when I was a kid.

Took about twenty years to get over it, but now I actually like yogurt.

Not really sure if I have ever tried greek yogurt, though...

• earlnabby
    earlnabby Posts: 8,171 Member
    Options
    I get plain Greek yogurt and add a scoop of protein powder, usually chocolate. It is like a less sweet mousse.
  • goblue8426
    goblue8426 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't say I hate it, but I definitely don't prefer it. We actually use plain Greek yogurt exclusively in place of sour cream. If I eat some, I have to have granola because I just can't do the texture.
  • LoneWolfRunner
    LoneWolfRunner Posts: 1,160 Member
    Options
    Best thing I ever did was go out and drop $30 bucks on yogurt maker. First time I ate my own homemade Greek yogurt, I had no desire to eat any of the stuff in stores ever again. Freshly made yogurt is amazing. The only yogurt I continue to buy is Siggi's skyr.
  • LT711
    LT711 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    yogurt is disgusting to me... the smell of it makes me wanna hurl.. ive tryed and tryed and no matter it never changed for me...
  • rainbowbow
    rainbowbow Posts: 7,490 Member
    Options
    I love every kind of yogurt but Skyr. BLECH.
  • atypicalsmith
    atypicalsmith Posts: 2,742 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    Duplicated!
  • atypicalsmith
    edited April 2015
    Options
    Duplicated again!
  • atypicalsmith
    Options
    I love, love, love yogurt. So does my doxie, so I have to get a brand that has a cup suitable for him to lick up the remainder. Had to stop buying Yoplait!
  • zamphir66
    zamphir66 Posts: 582 Member
    Options
    I used to like American(?) yogurt and hated Greek yogurt. A few years ago I forced myself to go Greek, now I can't go back. It's so proteinous and filling and versatile.

The other stuff now just seems like runny, sweet snot. Yuck.
  • marcianne98
    marcianne98 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Love it!...plain or fresh fruit added. No sugar or phenylalanine sweetened yogurt for me!
    I also drink whole raw milk. I make my own kefir from the milk and use it for fruit shakes.
    If you want probiotics, take the capsules.
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,573 Member
    Options
    I worked myself down to Fage 0% this week...Love it. Put some PB2 in and and BAM. I'm so excited about the protein I'm ingesting in just 100 calories, that is an amazing taste to me.
  • blankiefinder
    blankiefinder Posts: 3,599 Member
    Options
    I <3 Liberte 5% Banana Caramel Greek yogurt, almost like eating ice cream <3<3<3
  • rainbowbow
    rainbowbow Posts: 7,490 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    I <3 Liberte 5% Banana Caramel Greek yogurt, almost like eating ice cream <3<3<3

The liberte yogurt (non greek one) is hands down the BEST yogurt I've ever had. Ever.

I like the blueberry and the coconut. Even the lime. Absolutely freaking amazing
  • looseit_100
    looseit_100 Posts: 1 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    I heard the silk is making yogurt - Dairy-Free Yogurt Alternative
    Has anyone try it, yet?
  • mom2nicknat
    mom2nicknat Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I want so badly to eat yogurt... but the smell alone makes me almost throw up :(
  • illusion2269
    illusion2269 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    I make my own yogurt, I have an electric pressure cooker that heats the milk to 180 to denature the milk proteins, then is able to maintain a constant 110-115 degrees to let the yogurt culture do its work. Sometimes I'll strain it to make a cream-cheese thick yogurt and save the whey for other uses, other times I'll just use it as is. Great part about this, is that I control what goes into it. I generally use organic Whole milk when I make my own, as it makes a nice thick, consistent product with no hormones or preservatives.

Once you've had homemade yogurt, its hard to go back to the store stuff.
  • dandydan99
    dandydan99 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    The Greek yogurts like chobani and fage are very good, especially if you throw it in the freezer for 30 mins. The milky flavor is reduced and the consistency is even thicker, kinda like frozen yogurt. Also adding some kind of crunch, I prefer Special K, helps with the mouth feel.

The flavored varieties are my favorite, like key lime, blueberry, strawberry,
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,575 Member
    Options
    I only like it occasionally and only if sweetened. I brought some for lunch today, but it's not something I eat on a regular basis.