Just started today!

Options
I just started using this today. I decided it was time to get healthy, which means I need to get off my butt, exercise and eat better. I have a big goal ahead of me. I set a 2 year goal of 100 lbs. My doctor told me today that if I eat 1500 calories a day, I will lose 1 lb a week. If I exercise on a regular basis I can add to that. I'm tired of being tired, and I'm tired of being unhealthy. I want to be able to fit into cute clothes, and I want to be able to run around with my kids without getting tired.
I don't want to end up like my parents....on a handful of daily pills, eating junk food and wondering why my health isn't getting better. I want to help my husband and kids eat better, so they don't have health issues later in life.
So, hear's to hard work and perseverance!

Replies

• Marycan2
    Options
    Good for you! You will find a great group of people here who are experts in encouraging each other!!!!! Slow and steady weight loss is the best!!! You can friend me if you want to!!!!
  • jellybean1971
    jellybean1971 Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    I'm new too, if you want to friend me you can. Congrats on choosing a healthy life style for you and your family
  • Isisnile
    Options
    You can do it! You have already taken the first step. Hang in there we are all in this together.
  • kikimichelle88
    Options
    Welcome to MFP!
    3500 calories burnt through exercise is another 1 lb burned! I find ( for me ) that if i stick to 1200 cals a day and do 5 workouts a week of 60 mins ( I divide it up over the day ) I burn 2-3 lbs a week. Good luck on your journey!
  • CaptainMFP
    CaptainMFP Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    Good luck! You sound like your head is in the right place and I think you'll find that this site is a wonderful tool for achieving your goals. Have a great journey; feel free to send a friend request if you're looking for supporters. :smile:
  • sandyw1482000
    Options
    :flowerforyou: YAY! So glad that you are taking this step Amanda.... Your positive attitude is contagious and will help you in the days and weeks to come. I have started with this site for about two weeks and I am telling you this.. If you stick to the goals that you have set, remain accountable to what you have committed to in the Food and Exercise sections of this forum, have loving patience with your body, living in each day, then you will see the results in the fullness of time. I tell myself.. Rome was not built in a day, I did not get the weight that I have on overnight.. So I will not lose the weight overnight either... this will take time, commitment, diligence and encouragement from those around you. We are all here on the same page and are rooting for you. Best of Luck :wink:
  • peekabeaux
    Options
    I just started today also. I have never counted calories before, it is amazing how fast they add up. I am in my late 40's and the weight just doesn't come off as easy as it used to. I am hoping that by using this handy tool, I will start to change me eating habits and become healthier. I miss doing the things I used to.