My first day...

Options
got2be
got2be Posts: 3
edited November 2023 in Introduce Yourself
Ok, so I've never done an online journal or chat site before, so forgive me if I ramble. I'm really looking forward to finding someone to talk with as I make this journey. I'm a 40 year old, mother of 2 great kids ages 9 and 10. I have a full time job outside the home and I own another business. My daughter is a little "fluffy" so she's joining me in our new "healthy lifestyle". I am 5'5 and a year ago I weighed 128 lbs, worked out 6 days a week and always watched what I ate. Prior to that I had gained up to 175lbs (shhhhh, don't tell anyone). I decided that I wanted my life back so I started dieting and exercising 6 days a week and Sunday was my day to eat anything I wanted and not work out. It took me a year, but I got down to 128. That's my goal now, to get back to that. I had surgery last year and couldn't do any exercise for over 4 months. It was awful. It took a year to lose it and about 4 months to put it all back on - no exercise and the medication. For our 15th wedding anniversary I got a private trainer for my husband and I. In about 5 months he has lost 80 pounds and looks great! Needless to say I haven't lost that much but I have started to tone up and I'm down to 150. I'm trying to find that place I was in before where I could take care of myself and exercise but not feel guilty about more time away from my family. If anyone out there can relate, please chat with me, I'd love a friend to do this with.

Replies

• got2be
    Options
    Ok, so I've never done an online journal or chat site before, so forgive me if I ramble. I'm really looking forward to finding someone to talk with as I make this journey. I'm a 40 year old, mother of 2 great kids ages 9 and 10. I have a full time job outside the home and I own another business. My daughter is a little "fluffy" so she's joining me in our new "healthy lifestyle". I am 5'5 and a year ago I weighed 128 lbs, worked out 6 days a week and always watched what I ate. Prior to that I had gained up to 175lbs (shhhhh, don't tell anyone). I decided that I wanted my life back so I started dieting and exercising 6 days a week and Sunday was my day to eat anything I wanted and not work out. It took me a year, but I got down to 128. That's my goal now, to get back to that. I had surgery last year and couldn't do any exercise for over 4 months. It was awful. It took a year to lose it and about 4 months to put it all back on - no exercise and the medication. For our 15th wedding anniversary I got a private trainer for my husband and I. In about 5 months he has lost 80 pounds and looks great! Needless to say I haven't lost that much but I have started to tone up and I'm down to 150. I'm trying to find that place I was in before where I could take care of myself and exercise but not feel guilty about more time away from my family. If anyone out there can relate, please chat with me, I'd love a friend to do this with.
  • got2be
    Options
    Hi, good look. Just remember it's a daily thing. Just concentrate on finishing your goals for today and let tomorrow take care of itself.
This discussion has been closed.