Age has nothing to do with it!

Options
:flowerforyou: I will be 71 tomorrow (9-10-11) and I have struggled with weight since I quit playing slo pitch softball many years ago. Had my left knee replaced, joints get sore, etc., etc. Joined the fitness clubs, tried many diets, and this program works! My daughter talked me into signing up, and I have been "lazy" some weeks about documentation, but when I do my part....eat the calories assigned to me, AND exercise (water aerobics) ride the stationery bike, I have results! So! you young uns' and you "mature ones"...try it....you will like it! love and blessings to all :love:

Replies

• MissMaggie3
    MissMaggie3 Posts: 2,464 Member
    Options
    Very well said! Let's show those young 'uns how it's done!
  • Love your post! You are stunning! :flowerforyou:
    Thanks for your inspiration and taking the 'rule' about age out of the picture!
  • cNhobbes
    cNhobbes Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    you are an inspiration! thanks so much for your post! :D
  • juliapurpletoes
    juliapurpletoes Posts: 951 Member
    Options
    I love that you posted this! I joined in March and at 52 years old was singing the "but I'm in menopause" blues! 6 months later I've lost 25 pounds, regained strength in my week knee, have a resting heart rate of 40. All blood work is fabulous. It came through hard work, dedication and keeping my eye on the prize!

Ha! Age as you said, has nothing to do with health and fitness!

Muscles and metabolism can be built up at any age, so using the "I'm too old" excuse just isn't going to fly around here!

No excuses, everything is possible!

:wink:
  • ncgatorfan
    Options
    :flowerforyou: I will be 71 tomorrow (9-10-11) and I have struggled with weight since I quit playing slo pitch softball many years ago. Had my left knee replaced, joints get sore, etc., etc. Joined the fitness clubs, tried many diets, and this program works! My daughter talked me into signing up, and I have been "lazy" some weeks about documentation, but when I do my part....eat the calories assigned to me, AND exercise (water aerobics) ride the stationery bike, I have results! So! you young uns' and you "mature ones"...try it....you will like it! love and blessings to all :love:

Oh my goodness!! You do NOT look 71!!! You look fantastic!! Thanks for your post and most importantly....HAPPY BIRTHDAY tomorrow!!!
  • lizziebeth1028
    lizziebeth1028 Posts: 3,602 Member
    Options

You are a true inspiration!!
  • 99Tinkerbell
    Options
    Wow thanks for the post
  • silvergurl518
    silvergurl518 Posts: 4,123 Member
    Options
    AMEN!!
  • alise_lmx
    alise_lmx Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    You look much younger than 70! You look great! Wha a nice post, thank you! Happy birthday :) I hope I have your awesome attitude when I am 70 :flowerforyou:
  • ivansmomma
    Options
    I just turned 60 last month, am on meds that slow my weight loss, but I have lost inches and my clothes are loose. Yes, we can do it!
  • Barbj56
    Barbj56 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Happy Birthday to you! Yes, we can, I'm 54!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!