TurboFire - should I buy it?

Options
I'm thinking about ordering the TurboFire set of DVDs. I'd like to add some variety to my exercise routine. I have some questions for people who are familiar with TurboFire:

1 - I've heard comments that it is too difficult and that people do not work up a sweat because they cannot do the exercises properly. Is that true? I am reasonably fit at this point, but not exactly a high-performing athlete.

2 - I am not the most coordinated person in the world. Is it difficult to learn the moves?

3 - I am starting to think about how to maintain my weight loss since I am getting close to my goal. Would it make sense to do one of the TurboFire workouts once or twice a week as part of a maintenance strategy? I don't know what the workouts are like at all, so I don't know if I can use them that way.

4 - No weights are used, right? How do people build muscle and tone if they aren't using weights? I've done 30-Day Shred, with weights, and saw how that built up muscle. I'm not sure how that would happen without weights.

5 - The website feels slightly scammy, and Googling for TurboFire reviews seems to only lead me to websites that re-direct to the company's website. That makes me suspicious. Can anyone confirm that the company is legit? Has anyone had problems? The only reason I am even considering TurboFire is because I have seen so many people on MFP using it, so I am trying to suppress my scam-detection sensors.

Thanks in advance for your advice! :)

Replies

• BeckyV73
    BeckyV73 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    YES! TurboFire is AWESOME!! I was a Beachbody coach for a while, but decided that I'm not a seller, I just LOVE their workouts! I definitely recommend TurboFire!:happy:
  • mspix
    mspix Posts: 153
    Options
    Beachbody.com is not a scam, and is a legit sight. I love Turbo, have been doing Turbo jam for a couple of years, both in the gym and at home. I am moving up to TF myself, it is a killer workout. There are a lot of real people on YouTube doing the workout. This one is a good example: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gQHYr7nUN2w
  • BeckyV73
    BeckyV73 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Also, there's a 'new to class' option that teaches the moves so you'll NEVER not break a sweat. Even the HIIT 15 workouts will have you sweating buckets and that's 15 minutes!!

I sound like an infomercial, but it's an amazing program!!
  • myroots
    myroots Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    Not a scam.
    Yes you should get it.
    It is awesome!

Details:
    1 I don't know who could possibly not work up a sweat. It is high intensity/high impact (if you want it to be) cardio. YOu are constantly moving and sweating.
    2. I am so not coordinated. I tried Zumba and felt like a fool. It took a few tries to learn the TF moves, but once you get it you are good.
    3. You could use Tf once in a while in a maintenance mode. Just pick and choose the length and intensity you want
    4. Resistance bands are used for strength training. I do Chalean Extreme with Tf as a hybrid adn that is where most of my strength training comes in, but the TF resistance band workouts are decent, too.
    5. Beachbody is def. sales oriented, but the products work if you just get past that icky sales feeling. I am not a coach or selling this. I just love it.

HTH
  • ltbrdg
    Options
    Hi! The company is DEFINITELY legit so don't worry about that! I've purchased a number of things from Beachbody and never had an issue at all.
    You will definitely work up a sweat! It's hard but it's not too hard. I weighed over 225lbs when I started with Turbo Fire. If I can do it, anyone can! The moves aren't all that difficult once you get to know them. She repeats them a lot and after a few weeks, you know the routines so you can concentrate on pushing yourself harder instead of just trying to keep up.
    It comes with a schedule but you don't have to follow it. If you just want to do a few a week, go ahead. It's still a great workout for that.
    It also comes with the bands so you use those for resistance instead of free weights. Don't think that means you get off easy. You don't. She knows how to make you work it with the bands too.
    I absolutely love the program. Great music. Keeps me motivated. And the HIIT workouts are killer for helping you build endurance.
    Good luck!
  • AdrienneinTO
    AdrienneinTO Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    Thank you for the feedback, everyone! I'm going to order the set.
  • kendelq
    Options
    Can anybody point me in the direction of the Chalean ex / Turbofire hybrid schedule? I am currently doing chalean ex. but want to do this hybrid next! Thanks!
  • myroots
    myroots Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    It's in the back of the TF book, or on Beachbody's website
  • kendelq
    Options
    I just can't find it on the beackbody site!
  • turbospice
    Options
    I love Turbofire! I don't follow the calendar, I just do what I feel like but I do something 5 times per week. TF60 is my fav these days! Love it! I weight train twice a week at the gym on base since it is free.