feeling really low

Options
i've been doing really well recently and thought i would have a day where i would just eat what i wanted, and although i've only gone over my calories by around 330 calories and below my basal metabolic rate i feel extreme depressed...this can't be a healthy attitude, i feel like i'm so focused on losing weight it's becoming more of an obsession,

What do i do?! I just feel terrible :(:(:(:(

Replies

• H_Factor
    H_Factor Posts: 1,722 Member
    Options
    its important to enjoy a cheat meal or cheat day now and then. although you are obsessed with losing weight, your body will appreciate the "shock" of a cheat day and your mind should enjoy the special goodies you reserve only for cheat day.
  • allnewellie
    Options
    Try to remember this is a marathon and not a sprint. You can't make every change you desire in one single day.

Be patient with yourself, and allow the down days to give you lots to think of, as much as the WOO-HOO days!

You're strong and amazing, and will succeed and whatever you decide to.
  • catdoc1
    catdoc1 Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    I agree 100%. Give yourself a break, even from MFP for a little bit if you need to. Following a food program the way we do can bring out a little OCD in all of us. But life is all about the balance. You are not your weight, and this is a journey, not a destination. What those of us who've made it to goal (and rebounded) learn is that "happy" doesn't happen at a particular weight and all your life frustrations don't fall away when you get to goal. It's the learning along the way, including every pothole, that make us who we are. Step back, breathe, give yourself a little hug for how far you've come, and perhaps shut off your computer for 48 hours focus on other parts of our life. We'll be here when you get back. Promise.

Laura