Well This Sucks

Options
I had a pear to eat with my lunch. It smelled good, but it was mushy and overripe and I ended up throwing it away. Now, I sit down to my much looked forward to yogurt and banana and my yogurt's gone bad. It's a sealed container, but it was all puffy and when I opened it, it smelled iffy and had bubbles. Ugh.

I'm going to eat my banana, but 100 calories is only going to last in my system for so long. With my pear and yogurt out of the picture, that's 200 or so calories left on the table. I refuse to eat the donuts or cake that are in the break room, so I'm going to be ravenous when I get home in an hour and a half. *And* I get to walk home in 85 degree heat today.

Just needed to vent. At least it's Friday.

Replies

• Loko_Ino
    Loko_Ino Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    Water day...lots of it.

sorry..but happy friday.
  • Giraffe33991
    Giraffe33991 Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    My advice.....drink a bunch of extra water to help keep your tummy feeling full & help with the sweaty walk home. Hopefully that'll help keep the bad food urges away until you can get some good healthy stuff to eat!

Hope you have a good weekend!
  • blue4myeyes
    blue4myeyes Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Glad you vented....and you're right -- that does suck!! Good for you for being determined not to give in to the crap snacks in the breakroom. Is there a mini-mart or anything on your way home or nearby where you can grab a protein bar or something to hold you over?? Well anyway....best of luck. And hey....at least the weekend is almost here!!
  • kennethmgreen
    kennethmgreen Posts: 1,759 Member
    Options
    Always. Always. Always keep snacks on hand at work (or school,etc.). Find stuff that doesn't spoil - protein bars, Larabars, nuts, cans of soup. It's hard being hungry without any good choices available. As others have said, try to wait it out, drink a bunch of water. If you truly don't think you can wait it out, at least drink a bunch of water before having the cake or donut. And eat a tiny bit at a time - as in, take a bite or two and put it away for 5 minutes at least. It's amazing how little food is actually needed to quench what we think is "starving."
  • Matiara
    Matiara Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    I'll make it. It's just unbelievable that I would have such bad luck with my food on a day when there's cake and donuts everywhere. My willpower has had its daily workout for sure. My stomach started grumbling at me about 20 minutes ago and I will walk out of here victorious in about five minutes.

My walk home is all residential and even some woods, so no food unless I raid the blackberry bushes. It's only a little over a mile, though it will seem like three with the heat today. I'll just fantasize about the ice that is awaiting me and the roast chicken with veggies that I'm having for dinner.