Pumpkin shortage 2 years in a row?????!!!!!!!

Options
It.Can't.Be!!! After the many many months last year of not having pumpkin available our local grocery stores finally restocked. Well as of the last couple of months they are all out of stock again and have no clue when they will be restocking!!! Are any of you able to get pumpkin because there is not a single can within a 50 mile radius of me!!! Oh and one more thing that I don't get, If they are having trouble getting pumpkin then why do they all have PLENTY of cans of "pumpkin pie mix"??? Doesn't that have pumpkin. Ok, rant over, can ya tell i'm jonesing for some pumpkin? LOL.

Replies

• TluvK
    TluvK Posts: 733 Member
    Options
    They don't have it near me either but they told me it was because it was seasonal....well, it's SEPTEMBER!! We must be affected by it too. BUMMER. I guess I have to make my own...
  • kdiamond
    kdiamond Posts: 3,329 Member
    Options
    I bought some the other day at Whole Foods - they had a ton of it.
  • Grokette
    Grokette Posts: 3,330 Member
    Options
    I have it available to me at 2 grocery stores, whole foods and Trader Joe's.
  • SergeantSunshine_reused
    Options
    I didnt even know there was a punkin shortage until my trip to seattle this summer! couldn't find it anywhere xD plenty of it back here in Iowa tho :D
  • bslic
    bslic Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    well that stinks! My hubby just bought me a 3pk at Costco this week. Love all things pumpkin.Did you try amazon?
  • Grokette
    Grokette Posts: 3,330 Member
    Options
    I didnt even know there was a punkin shortage until my trip to seattle this summer! couldn't find it anywhere xD plenty of it back here in Iowa tho :D

I am in the Midwest too, St Louis area..................we are the lucky ones!!
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options
    I'm sorry about your pumpkin situation.
  • SergeantSunshine_reused
    Options

I am in the Midwest too, St Louis area..................we are the lucky ones!!

I sure am glad! I love it too much for it to not be easy to get :O
  • Dabbles
    Dabbles Posts: 367
    Options
    One of our grocery stores hasn't had it for a long time, but Publix has it, as well as Whole Foods and Trader Joes.
  • TluvK
    TluvK Posts: 733 Member
    Options
    ambercole - where do you live, if you don't mind me asking? I'm in CO and we definitely experienced the shortage last year.
  • daddyssunshyne
    Options
    Lots in Missouri as well....

Oddly, I didn't even realize there was such a thing as canned pie mix. I have always made my pies with the pure canned pumpkin puree.

Fortunately, it is something that is so cheap every year, that I over buy. If there was a shortage, I would still have a few cans in my pantry from the previous year. Thank goodness for long shelf lives!

Sarah
  • gc2052
    gc2052 Posts: 183
    Options
    I have had the same problem but finally found it at Harris Teeter. I am in NC and don't know where you live. Have an easy pumpkin muffin recipe and it is low cal.

1 box betty Crocker butter pecan cake mix
    1 15 oz can pumpkin

Mix dry cake mix with pumpkin (add raisins if you like) bake in muffin pan. Makes about 24 regular size. Bake at 350 20-30 min. Test for doneness with tooth pick.
  • 1_up
    1_up Posts: 1,414 Member
    Options
    Sorry that was my fault :(

kQTiJ.jpg
  • ambercole
    Options
    ambercole - where do you live, if you don't mind me asking? I'm in CO and we definitely experienced the shortage last year.

TX
  • RocketsGirl75
    Options

kQTiJ.jpg

you are soooo getting reported! it is all your fault!!!!
  • penrbrown
    penrbrown Posts: 2,685 Member
    Options
    I was worried about the bee shortage but this pumpkin situation is much more important. Do you think they'll cancel Halloween now? ):
  • 1_up
    1_up Posts: 1,414 Member
    Options

kQTiJ.jpg

you are soooo getting reported! it is all your fault!!!!

NOM NOM NOM! I CAN'T HELP MYSELF! THEY ARE SO TASTY!!! :(
  • FairyMiss
    FairyMiss Posts: 1,812 Member
    Options

kQTiJ.jpg

share dammit
  • CakeFit21
    CakeFit21 Posts: 2,521 Member
    Options
    Did you know that you can make pumpkin puree just like in the can? Guess what you need? That's right! A pumpkin! Those small pie pumpkins, (also called sugar pumpkins) at the market are just the ticket.

Now you have a plan B!
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options
    Did you know that you can make pumpkin puree just like in the can? Guess what you need? That's right! A pumpkin! Those small pie pumpkins, (also called sugar pumpkins) at the market are just the ticket.

Now you have a plan B!

Hooray for Plan B!