Don't Sweat the number on the scale!

Options
If you are one of those people who is connected emotionally to the number on the scale you need to read this. I used to be one of these people. But since I have been tracking my measurements over the the months I now can happily say that I am no longer an emotional slave the my scale. I've been on maintenance since July 19th and my weight has stayed relatively the same. BUT, take a look at my measurements on July 19th and today!
July 19
Arms: L-11 R-10.75
Chest: 37
Waist: 29
Pooch: 37.25
Hips: 41
Thighs: L-22 R-23
Calves: L- 14.25 R- 14
Neck: (13)
28%bf

Sept 9
Arms: L-10.5 R-10.5
Chest: 35.75
Waist: 27.75
Pooch: 37
Hips: 40
Thighs: L-21.5 R-22
Calves: L- 14.75 R- 15.25
Neck: (13)
25%bf

I can really feel a difference in how my clothes are fitting too. They are so much loser.

So don't sweat the number on the scale! The numbers on the tape are a much better indication of your progress! I am living proof!

Replies

• Enforcer25
    Enforcer25 Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    Good post and congrats on the numbers, you make a great point, a scale is just part of measuring your progress, the others you have listed and most of all are how the clothes fit, how you feel, and tale of the tape.
  • sc1572
    sc1572 Posts: 2,309 Member
    Options
    Love this...agreed! CONGRATS :D
  • Robin1117
    Robin1117 Posts: 1,768 Member
    Options
    Amazing numbers! You are so smart to have quantified this for yourself, and now for everyone else to see......

I'm a definite believer too although didn't quantify it like you did all over. But I started maintaining w/a 27 inch waist at 121 lbs, and now have a 26 inch waist at the same weight (although it fluctuates (120-122) and all the pants/jeans I bought when first maintaining are super baggy and almost unwearable. The big difference is circuit training......
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!