It was always a dream...

Losing weight to me was always a dream. It was something that I always wanted and could imagine myself smaller and wearing the clothes I wanted. However, no matter how much I dreamed about it somewhere in my mind I never really believed that I could ever do it. It was just something that I wanted, that I felt I could never have. I had tried so many times to lose and failed by giving up that I just thought I couldn't do it. I have to say that now I am in shock that I am living my dream. I exercise, I have lost over 80 lbs & I can see myself getting smaller, healthier, and happier. I have been losing it slowly in a little over a year and a half. I still have a long ways to go but the difference is that now I know I can get there. It is something I can do.

I still say I am dieting but really I'm not. I have changed everything that I do for a year and a half. I watch what I eat, I exercise even when I don't want to, if I really want to eat something I eat it and just eat a reasonable amount instead of gorging myself on it. I have learned how to eat right and be healthy while still getting to enjoy the occaisonal treat. I am happy and I am proud to be living my dream!

Replies

• Sumijain
    Sumijain Posts: 309 Member
    That is really wonderful! Congratulations! I hope I do as well as you. :)
  • Terrific! Keep that inspiration going, even on the days when it's hard to do. Sounds like you are on the best road possible and that you have chosen a whole new path to take for your lifetime. Congratulations!:happy:
  • I'm extremely happy for you. I've always felt the same and I hope in a year I can be in your position as I'm still at the beginning of my journey. Well done and congratulations on all your hard work.

:smile:
  • This is the kind of motivation I need to start my journey! Thank you!
  • Hoppymom
    Hoppymom Posts: 1,158 Member
    Stories like this are a real motivator for me. Thanks.:flowerforyou:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!