Once More Into the Breach

Options
Hi! Quick story, I was in shape a couple of years ago, then really wrecked my wrist and kept trying to work out and kept reinjuring my wrist, over and over. I got discouraged and gave up exercise to let it heal, but the discouragement magnified when I was laid off of work for a few months. I turned to cooking, and eating... and now my wrist is healed, I have a great job, and I'm trying to lose that weight I gained.

Before you ask "Why didn't you just go running", my knees and spine can't take it. It's why I have a rowing machine, full body workout without the impact. And it's great, but you can't pull the bars with a wrecked wrist.

Going low calorie (the site gripes at me that I'm not eating enough), high protein, I do two cardio workouts a day (rowing machine, magnificent object!) and three times a week I do strength training in addition to the cardio.

So far it's working. I take multivitamins every day along with a Fish Oil cap (my doctor said to).

Good to meet you all.

D

Replies

• dmpizza
    dmpizza Posts: 3,321 Member
    Options
    I've had similar but I believe less sever issues. I hurt my wrist and couldn't do much with it for a year or so.