Too Much Protein??

Options
I always thought I didn't eat enough protein so I've been making a point of having egg whites at breakfast, a protein bar for a snack, tuna at lunch and then some form of protein at dinner. I ended up with 107 gm today when I was only supposed to have around 55. Does it make a big deal if it's a lean form of protein?

Replies

• abbychick
    abbychick Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    I always thought I didn't eat enough protein so I've been making a point of having egg whites at breakfast, a protein bar for a snack, tuna at lunch and then some form of protein at dinner. I ended up with 107 gm today when I was only supposed to have around 55. Does it make a big deal if it's a lean form of protein?
  • abbychick
    Options
    Oops.....67 gms was what I was supposed to have.
  • stephica
    stephica Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    Hey Darling,

There has been a bunch of posts about this, I actually think I just saw one yesterday. If you check out the search option, and put in "protein" there will be a bunch of threads.

I also go over by alot of protein. By the looks of the other threads MFP doesn't have the protein amount high enough. ... And if you want to go over by anything.. It would be protein, I would think!

Anyways, check it out. Sorry I can't be much help!
  • abbychick
    Options
    Thanks Steph!!! I don't think I'm going to worry about it. I would think going over maybe in fat or carbs would be worse. :smile:
  • stephica
    stephica Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    Anytime Darling!