Using Greek Yogurt in recipes...

Options
Sasssy69
Sasssy69 Posts: 547 Member
A few weeks ago, someone posted about how she was substituting Sour Cream for fat free Greek yogurt. I've done it a few times, and I decided to try it for salad dressing.

You see, I love ranch dressing, so I've been buying fat free sour cream and that Hidden Valley Ranch Dips packet and using that. The problem is, the consistency is just a little too thick for salad dressing - GREAT for dips, but not dressing.

So I decided to try plain, fat free Greek yogurt. The consistency is perfect, and it tastes AWESOME.

2 tablespoons of Greek yogurt has about 16.25 calories - depending on the brand.

1/2 a teaspoon of the hidden valley ranch packet mix is 5 calories. That's 21.5 calories and zero grams of fat for 2 tablespoons of dressing that tastes just like ranch dressing.

I didn't calculate the carbs, sugars, or protein. But it could be done if you're so inclined.

Baby spinach here I come!

Replies

• Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options
    i've used greek yogurt in place of sour cream for twice baked potatoes, came out pretty good
  • JamesonsMommy
    JamesonsMommy Posts: 771 Member
    Options
    Greek yogurt is the best thing in the world :) Thanks for sharing this :)
  • Amy_B
    Amy_B Posts: 2,323 Member
    Options
    I sub Greek yogurt a lot anymore for sour cream. I feel much healthier doing it this way with the added protein and cultures and what not.
  • calibri
    calibri Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    I've used it in baking in place of buttermilk.
  • nannyx6
    nannyx6 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    I made pumpkin muffins and replace the sour cream with greek yogurt they are soooo good I can`t believe it.Gotta use yogurt more often!
  • elisasherman
    Options
    love greek yogurt - I put the fat free plain stuff in everything...

ranch dip, smoothies, with tuna fish(sub for mayo) - it really blends into anything, and has a favorable nutritional content!