problemss

Options
iam having a problem with eating to much i do workout but my only prob is food any advice pls,,

Replies

• rileysowner
    rileysowner Posts: 8,207 Member
    Options
    Eat more protein and fiber along with drinking lots of water (yes water and maybe unsweeted tea--not even non-caloric sweeteners). All that will help you feel fuller. Sometimes people's calories are too low, you may have chosen an incorrect activity level or been too ambitious in your weight loss goal. There is a reason why MFP suggests 1 pound per week and not 2. Avoiding highly processed food (something that will happen if you eat high fiber) will also help.
  • auntiebabs
    auntiebabs Posts: 1,754 Member
    Options
    Watch your sugar!!!

both sugar and artificial sugar increase your appetite.

I was amazed at how many food that are sold as *healthy* or *real food*s are loaded with hidden sugar.

While it's a rare day that I'm under on sugar. I'm not perfect I'm doing better.
    I find that sugar increases my appetite by a lot.! If I have too much I can't stay in my calorie range for the day. I've been meaning to look into the Glycemic Index. to learn more about how the body processes sugar. I come from generations of diabetics I always thought that "sugar was sugar." But I've recently heard about something I want to look into.

Food manufacturers add a lot of sugar under a lot of different unrecognizable names into products, because it's cheap and it increases your appetite, so you eat more.
    (I picked up a lean cuisine one evening forgot to check the sugar went to enter it to find out it had 30g of sugar, now

A) I only get 25g a day,
    B) my favorite cookies are 9g for 15 cookies. If I'm going to eat sugar I want to enjoy a treat!!!

Also watch out for yogurts there usually very high in sugar, by plain and add a little hershey syrup or jam or cukes & dill at least YOU will be controlling your intake.)

BOTH sugar AND artificial sweeteners increase your appetite, so cutting back on them makes weight loss easier, because you are not hungry all the time.

If I have a DIET COKE, no way I can keep at 1200 cal.
    More foods now than ever before have hidden sugars in them and are sold as "real foods"
    If I'm going to eat the sugar I want a cookie, gosh darn it!
    Nutrient Dense foods keep you full longer, while proteins and fats (happy fats... plant based) appear to pack a lot of calories for the quantity you get to eat. A small amount will keep you satisfied longer. So it may be a better balance for you .