A Person Smoking Before Gym?

I've always found it funny to see a really healthy and in shape person inhaling a cigarette right before heading into the gym. It actually is ironic. The person is doing something really healthy for themselves while counteracting that with something that is useless and can kill you? Has anyone else ever found this ironic?

Replies

• otr12
    otr12 Posts: 632 Member
    Have you ever ordered a diet Coke with your extra value meal?
  • puggleperson
    puggleperson Posts: 740 Member
    They care more about being skinny then their help... Talk about vanity!

haha yes, I would like like a quarter pounder with cheese super sized with a diet coke!
  • lor007
    lor007 Posts: 884 Member
    You never know, this person could have been a pack a day smoker before who has cut down to a couple a day. Not everyone is perfect.
  • bmw4deb
    bmw4deb Posts: 1,325 Member
    I'm guilty !! I smoke :( and have smoked before my work outs
    I have had a cig between weights and cardio :embarassed:
    I have set a date to dump the smokes I hope it works :grumble:
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    It's like rain on your wedding day or a free ride when you're already there.
  • ajk828
    ajk828 Posts: 335
    it's the good advice, that you just didn't take.
  • lor007
    lor007 Posts: 884 Member

Rain on your wedding day is supposed to be good luck. It may make for crappy hair, but still..
  • Contrarian

Rain on your wedding day is supposed to be good luck. It may make for crappy hair, but still..

Yes, but isn't it ironic? Don't you think?
  • A little too-oo-oo ironic?

Some people just need a nic fix, just because you are healthy in one aspect, doesn't mean you are in all. I love to exercise, but I also love me some cake and twinkies, oh well.
  • Yup, very ironic, right up til 16 days ago when I finally quit. :embarassed:

It's not as easy to give them up as you might like to think. Would you prefer I NOT exercise and keep smoking, or start exercising and reap whatever benefits I can from that while still working on my other addictions? :smokin:

Progress, not perfection...
  • tuffytuffy1
    tuffytuffy1 Posts: 920 Member
    I used to have a cigarette every day before going to the gym, LMAO, but I don't think any ill will to people who do smoke before working out. Smoking is a complicated matter, it is extremely difficult to quit. Even our own President took until he was what, 47 to quit? Just a year ago or so.
  • ajk828
    A little too-oo-oo ironic?

yeah I really do think.
  • or a free ride when you've already paid.....
  • You never know, this person could have been a pack a day smoker before who has cut down to a couple a day. Not everyone is perfect.
    Amen!
  • Contrarian
    This is like 10,000 spoons when all you need is a knife.
  • Guilty... I don't go to the gym, but I always smoke while I am driving out to where I go running and I also smoke right after I'm done on my way home. It may be ironic, but I'm not giving it up any time soon.
  • ajk828
    It's a death row pardon two minutes too late
  • scapez
    scapez Posts: 2,018 Member
    Guilty. I don't smoke for vanity reasons...I smoke because I'm finding it extremely difficult to quit right now. I know I should and a part of me wants to...but as of yet I've been unable to quit. I've smoked and "quit' for longer than I care to admit.

I know...I know better. My smart mind knows better. However, my addictive mind has been winning lately. My addictive mind sucks.
  • IamRoJ
    IamRoJ Posts: 530 Member
    It's the good advice that you just didn't take.

Or the chantix.

But in all honesty really? We know it's vanity? It could be an addiction....just maybe. Perhaps they are taking baby steps towards health and are tackling one demon at a time. Let's cheer for them.
  • LeeKetty1176
    LeeKetty1176 Posts: 881 Member
    back when i was 16 i worked at KFC and it always made me laugh when a someone would order

A Zinger with extra chesse
    6 hot wings
    Coleslaw
    2 pc chicken
    an apple pie

I would ask "and what drink?"

Hmmmmmm i better have a diet coke !