Should I be eating the extra calories it tells me I have ear

Options
If my calorie goal is 1200 and I have burn 400 calories should I be eating another 400 calories? It seems like that defeats the purpose of burning then is the first place.

Replies

• lor007
    lor007 Posts: 884 Member
    Options
    Yes, you should. No, it does not defeat the purpose. Use the search function. Thank you. :flowerforyou:
  • catwrangler
    catwrangler Posts: 918 Member
    Options
    If my calorie goal is 1200 and I have burn 400 calories should I be eating another 400 calories? It seems like that defeats the purpose of burning then is the first place.
    Let's do the math: If you eat 1200 calories and burn 400 that leaves you with only 800 calories for your body to use for fuel for the day. That's not enough, especially when you are working out. The experts say don't eat less than 1200 a day, so you kind of have to eat them back.
  • Enforcer25
    Enforcer25 Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    You will still lose weight if you eat the calories back, if the information you entered into your profile is correct, if you want to lose 1 pound a week and MFP says you should eat 1200 calories, you will lose weight as long as you don't go over 1200. Like the other posters said, you really shouldn't go under 1200 so eat those calories back.
  • mrschappet
    mrschappet Posts: 488 Member
    Options
    Use the search function. Thank you. :flowerforyou:

wow rude...

Well it depends on who you talk to really. but in my opinion yes eat them back. your body needs that extra food to convert into fuel. And, many will tell you that you can actually gain weight by not eating the recommended calories....Good luck!!! :-)
  • kimbod
    kimbod Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Thanks eveeryone.

Oh and thanks mrschappet ! :) I thought that was pretty rude too.
  • whisperingdragon
    Options
    At first I ate them back, and noticed that I was not losing weight at all. So, now I don't eat them back and I'm losing about 4-6 pounds a month. I think you should try it and see, if it doesn't work then don't eat them back.
  • jaramae
    jaramae Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    I try to eat about 75% of it back. If you're really active, it might be hard to force yourself to eat it all back but do your best as it is fuel that your body needs. Regardless, you should try to make sure you get at least the 1200 minimum eaten to ensure your body has what it needs to stay healthy.