New just now!

libbyssoup7
libbyssoup7 Posts: 18
edited September 19 in Introduce Yourself
I am here mainly to keep myself encouraged in exercising and getting more active. I am not a member of a fitness club or have any fitness equipment but I'm sure you don't need all of that to lose weight and get into shape - do you?!

Replies

• I am here mainly to keep myself encouraged in exercising and getting more active. I am not a member of a fitness club or have any fitness equipment but I'm sure you don't need all of that to lose weight and get into shape - do you?!
  • brookefoley
    brookefoley Posts: 104 Member
    Congratulations!! and welcome!
    No you don't need any fancy equipment. My husband and I have been walking around the park every day and we do a couple pushups and situps in the morning. We are counting calories and it's working for us so far!
    Good luck!! You will love this site. It's so helpful and fun!
    Brooke
  • Thanks Brooke! I am really wanting to get into shape and in the process I am hoping to lose those many extra pounds that have been haning around since I've had my kids. I would love to join a gym but I am rather shy and don't like exercising in front of anyone. My biggest hurdle will be my family - noone else in my family agrees to get rid of all the cookies and tons of bread we have at our house. So... I tend to "snack" on those types of things rather than veggies and fruits. What are some good suggestions to get my family on the same page as me?
  • wooohooo! Welcome aboard! I think the best thing about this site is that you have to enter all your food. I always am amazed at how many calories I am really eating...and I don't eat as much junk if I know I will have to enter it. :wink:

Holly
  • I hear ya! I've done calorie counting in the past but I notice I don't usually eat enough. I know that slows your metabolism down and that's more than likely why I'm in the situation I am in! I need to concentrate on eating lots of fruits and veggies and then that will overshadow my want for breads and snacks - we'll see how I do!!! Thanks for the support.
  • Carl01
    Carl01 Posts: 9,307 Member
    Welcome! :smile:
This discussion has been closed.