I'm new

dani3
dani3 Posts: 2
edited September 19 in Introduce Yourself
I joined a couple days ago because a friend told me about it. I tend to make goals, start, but usually don't stick to them. I'm hoping that using a site like this will help with that and also make some new friends. I'm 29 and an Army wife and we want to start a family soon. Last week I realized that I'm the heaviest I've ever been and felt like I should take action. I'm looking to lose 20lbs and get toned. Nothing too major but I figured it's a good way to start out and mostly just eat better and get active. I'm hoping I will stay motivated this time and pass on my new healthier habits to my family when we have kids. Starting is always the hardest for me because all I think about is how much I am consuming that I tend to get more cravings thinking about food all of the time, but after a few weeks it should die down. I use to be a dance major in high school and know getting into the groove of exercise will take at least a month but I felt so great doing it that I think once I can make it past that point I'll just keep going.

Everyone keep up the great work, you all help motivate me.
:wink:

Replies

• dani3
    dani3 Posts: 2
    I joined a couple days ago because a friend told me about it. I tend to make goals, start, but usually don't stick to them. I'm hoping that using a site like this will help with that and also make some new friends. I'm 29 and an Army wife and we want to start a family soon. Last week I realized that I'm the heaviest I've ever been and felt like I should take action. I'm looking to lose 20lbs and get toned. Nothing too major but I figured it's a good way to start out and mostly just eat better and get active. I'm hoping I will stay motivated this time and pass on my new healthier habits to my family when we have kids. Starting is always the hardest for me because all I think about is how much I am consuming that I tend to get more cravings thinking about food all of the time, but after a few weeks it should die down. I use to be a dance major in high school and know getting into the groove of exercise will take at least a month but I felt so great doing it that I think once I can make it past that point I'll just keep going.

Everyone keep up the great work, you all help motivate me.
    :wink:
  • I joined a week ago.I am 31 years old and a stay at home mom.I have two kids.I really want to have a third one but completely lost track of my weight gain until a few weeks ago.I have gained 12kg in the past 9 years from the time i got married.I lost weight once after my first born but gained again after my second and now it just feels like its getting out of hand.I dont want to turn obese!
    With this program i hope and pray that i manage to have enough courage to follow this plan thorugh and become the healthy fit woman i once was.
  • Phoenix_Rising
    Phoenix_Rising Posts: 11,417 Member
    Welcome to you both!!! :flowerforyou:
This discussion has been closed.