I know some of you may get mad but...

Options
2»

Replies

• pinkandstars09
    Options
    I love my Alchol and no way will i give up my coffee. If i want a drink i will work it into my calories for the day as of coffee I just drink it black now with sugar.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    After almost a year on MFP I have realized that me and 25% of the people on this site are slightly over overweight because we refuse to give up:
    Booze
    Double Latte Mocha Espresso Bull****
    Chocolate

These are my opinions and I just felt the need to share my epiphany. So enjoy your Seasonal Lager or Caffeine Drink of choice while you let the Dark Chocolate and virtual words mellow in your mouth while my words marinate in your brain.

Cheers:drinker: ....Those should be Beer Steins

i agree! it works for some people, but a lot of people have to really focus, a lot more that they want to!
  • livnlite
    Options
    True that! Simply said: It's all about balance and portion control .. Can't change scientific biological or chemical influences other than by limiting quantity.
  • Meggles63
    Meggles63 Posts: 916 Member
    Options
    Bravo! 100% correct. You can adjust your calories, etc. Of course, I suppose I should have gone with either the Mich Ultra or the brats yesterday rather than both !:wink: I usually "cheat" on weekends, rest of week, I'm pure, lol.
  • ShannonMpls
    ShannonMpls Posts: 1,936 Member
    Options
    If after a year, I'm only slightly overweight but still enjoying beer and chocolate I'll be a happy girl :)
  • torshi
    torshi Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    I wished that was my problem. I hardly drink...not a chocolate fan and don't do a lot of coffee latte drinks that often.
  • Minnesnowtagurl
    Minnesnowtagurl Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    Interesting... I do believe we can get to our goal with those things in moderation. For some people going cold turkey with many things can call for relapse, I suppose to each it's own. :wink:
  • calliope_music
    calliope_music Posts: 1,242 Member
    Options
    i will never give them up! i just make sure they fit into my daily calorie allowance and don't go too overboard!
  • Amandalovesfood89
    Options
    I'm not mad at what you said but the fact that people get so defensive over the THOUGHT, of having to or trying give up alcohol!
    Its a sad day when people will say "I'll stay overweight as long as I don't have to give up my alcohol" whether it was meant jokingly or not.......
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    I.lost 34 pounds in three months not giving those things up. What you won't give up is overeating.
  • rbryntes
    rbryntes Posts: 710 Member
    Options
    I will gladly stay overweight if it means I can have my alkeehol and coffee...just not at the same time.

Sometimes alcoholic coffee is deliciosity.
  • fteale
    fteale Posts: 5,310 Member
    Options
    I don't like the double mocha what sit crap, but I manage to have some chocolate (good chocolate occasionally, rather than mass produced sugary stuff every day) and alcohol and fit them into my calories, and haven't had any trouble reaching goal weight.
  • dmpizza
    dmpizza Posts: 3,321 Member
    Options
    I don't give up what I love. ever. and neither should you.

blessings.

Couldn't have said it better.
  • shankleefranklee
    Options
    oh, okay. lol.
  • Oishii
    Oishii Posts: 2,675 Member
    Options
    Just before reading this I had a chunk of 85% chocolate and a glass of Beaujolais, and I'm not overweight...

It's bingeing that does me in, eg family bars of Milk Chocolate. Alcohol is different: if I have too much I'll end up losing calories by the end of the night :blushing:
  • MissKittyrina
    Options
    You forgot a demon....COLA. That's my big flaw :(