UK MFP'ers - get to Asda!

I don't do weight watchers and don't like their snack type foods (often the real thing is just as few calories) but I bought their meals at Asda this week and they are amazing, and only £1 each!!!

I filled my freezer! The meals average about 250-300 calories and they have about 10 different varieties. They are likely only on special this week. :drinker:

Replies

• purplepollypops
    purplepollypops Posts: 323 Member
    Thanks for the tip!
    Don't have an Asda local to me but might have a nosey online and get a delivery :smile:
  • IronSmasher
    IronSmasher Posts: 3,908 Member
    I love Asda too!

Hate WW though
  • Great tip thanks
  • shnazzy
    shnazzy Posts: 213
    but if you cook from scratch yourself you get so much more food (and satisfaction ) for your calories :wink:
  • IronSmasher
    IronSmasher Posts: 3,908 Member
    but if you cook from scratch yourself you get so much more food (and satisfaction ) for your calories :wink:

Excellent. That's so much more polite than anything I was thinking!
  • Sezmo83
    Sezmo83 Posts: 331 Member
    This. Maybe I'm just greedy but I find I'm still hungry after a WW ready meal.
  • keiraev
    keiraev Posts: 695 Member
    Yeh but they are handy for work/lunches when u have no time.
    Thanks!
  • shnazzy
    shnazzy Posts: 213
    i make up a salad with chicken etc and stick it in a lunch box only takes 5 mins or cook a potato night before and reheat in micro at work with a filling
  • I like the WW sausages - unlike most low fat sausages they actually have some flavour!
  • netchik
    netchik Posts: 587 Member
    Hmm... I cook on a sunday to prepare meals for the week, but as i've had a stomach bug this week i didn't (no one wants to catch it!)

Yesterday i started work at 5am and got home at 9pm. All week has been like that, hence the trip to Asda for a quick fix meal! For those saints and champions out there that don't need an occasional helping hand, good on you. For the rest of us "normal people", i hope you enjoyped my tip :laugh:
  • Thanks for that I'll have a look always handy to have stand bys in the freezer never know when you may need them.

Claire x
  • Sezmo83
    Sezmo83 Posts: 331 Member
    Oh I used to eat them at work now and then, just saying I found them far from filling and some of them were rather tasteless. Do they still do the ocean pie (or fishermans pie, can't remember what it was called)? That one was REALLY nice!
  • They're 2 for £2 in sainsburys until September 20th if that's easier for anyone to get to. Their own range, Be Good to Yourself, is also on special at 3 for £3 and to be honest i find them tastier and more filling.

But, as the above have pointed out, if you have the time and are organised enough, home made is much better and makes better use of your calories!
  • richardholt2011
    richardholt2011 Posts: 118 Member
    I have started studying all the labels in the supermarket like mad. Weightwatchers baked beans were almost identical calories to Waitrose essential beans and about four times the price. Having said that I also bought a Waitrose low calorie prepared meal - 445 calories which is lowish rather than low in my book.

I do like my local Asda mind you - fresh fruit and veg is excellent, there is much more premium stuff than you would expect for when you want to treat yourself and the staff are always helpful. I am told they also do XXL clothes but hopefully that wont matter so much in future!
  • sharanranran
    sharanranran Posts: 64 Member
    Fab tip thanks! I work 12.5 hour shifts as a midwife and sometimes don't get the time to prepare my own stuff and use these ready meals for convenience
  • sharanranran
    sharanranran Posts: 64 Member
    Fab tip thanks! I work 12.5 hour shifts as a midwife and sometimes don't get the time to prepare my own stuff and use these ready meals for convenience
  • I love WW lasagne, I have it with a side of salad so it's like a proper meal. Oven cooked of course for extra crispiness.