6 months today, 42lbs lost!

Options
cjs3001
cjs3001 Posts: 273 Member
So today is 6 months until I started using MFP and I wanted to share my ‘journey’ with you all!

Six months (and about 2 days ago!) I felt really ill and I didn’t really know why. I had been eating crap, drinking like a fish and generally having a really bad attitude towards my health. I’d read in the Metro that a girl had lost 6 stone by following an app on her phone and I thought “Meh, let’s give it a go” and genuinely thought that it was just going to be another app that didn’t get used. When I weighed myself it was 265. 265! 18st 13lbs. It was disgusting, and I was horrified that I had let myself get this way. My first ‘official’ week (I had guessed my weight when I first started and then bought a scale a week later) was pretty disastrous; I lost 6lbs and then put 4lbs on the day after by walking the three miles after work and then eating a pizza. It was a horrible blow and almost made me wonder what the point was. But you know, I stuck with it and it started falling back off again, 2lbs here, a pound there and sometimes if I’d been particularly good 3lbs.

There have been challenges, set backs and miserable “OH MY GOD THIS CHOCOLATE NEEDS TO GET IN MY MOUTH!” moments but I think the biggest thing I’ve learnt is to not give up. My eating habits are much better than they used to be, I eat much much more fruit and veg and smaller meals but I haven’t cut any foods out. I still eat takeaways and drink cider but I do it in moderation and make sure I exercise my calories back. Completely changing my eating and cutting out the foods I love seems pointless and I know it doesn’t work for everyone but when I get to goal I still want to be able to eat out and enjoy everything that I did before.

I’ve become almost competitive with my pals on here – there are a couple that have lost a very similar amount of weight to me and a couple who are where I want to be and it really keeps me going. I think that having a good network of people on here to encourage you and pick you up when you fall is really helpful and I would recommend everyone have a great set of fitness pals on here. Thank you so much to mine, you have all been so helpful.

My goals for the future are simple. I want to be 210 by my Christmas party on December 3rd and at 220 now I feel that’s very achieveable. I’d like to be around 175lbs as a goal – it will put my BMI at 27.4 which I know is still overweight but I have wide hips and shoulders and feel that anything else will make me look silly. But I don’t know how it’ll be when I get there. I just feel that 175 is achieveable and is a good goal for me to set and I will see how I feel when I get there. With 45lbs lost in 6 months, I feel that another 45lbs is going to take longer but I believe in myself for the first time in a LONG time so I know I can do it.

Biggest things I’ve learnt: not to feel disheartened if the scales don’t move, not to cut food out because you’ll miss it too much and then stuff your face with it and feel super guilty, soup is super (honestly, if you’ve got a load of veggies in the fridge that need cooking, boil them up and blitz them! Low cal soup is a great fridge food as you can have a cup when you want a snack and it’s very low cal and high in veggie goodness), don’t be too eager to lose because it’ll happen, log EVERYTHING because if you don’t you feel guilty and when the scales don’t move it makes it even worse.

Biggest regrets: not doing it sooner. I think I’ve given myself some irreparable damage (oodles and oodles of stretch marks, bad ankles and a couple of gnarly veins in my legs) that I know will get better the more I lose and the fitter I get but I shouldn’t have let it get this bad.

Biggest advice for everyone: don’t give up, it may seem hard but you know it’ll be worth it

Thanks for reading my rambles and I hope that there is a little bit of what I said that makes sense and if anyone wants to add me you are more than welcome!

And now for the fun part. First picture is me at my heaviest over a couple of different points, second pictures taken this week!

before.jpg

middle.png

Replies

• lenwie
    lenwie Posts: 240
    Options
    fab job, you will be my inspiration, my start weight same as yours,hope you dont mind me asking but what height are you & what was average daily calorie setting when you first started? i started on here back in January and was doing quite well, strayed off my path and put a little back on . but im back and detemined to do it this time. thanks for posting your pics x
  • JasonsWeightliftingWife
    Options
    this is so fantastic! You look so beautiful:)
  • teacherspet1
    teacherspet1 Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    WOW !! You look amazing, absolutely hats off to you !!! You are a real inspiration lass and your outlook is so positive......lots of what you say is so true and I totally agree with you.....we should enjoy the things we like in moderation, cos' life will go on when we reach our goals !! GOOD LUCK with your next journey... I look forward to seeing your next piccies. :wink:
  • sandislim
    Options
    Amazing transformation, well done - you look fantastic!
  • FitasBarbie
    FitasBarbie Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    Good job! Your story motivates me to stick with the app though we fall off the wagon occasionally. You look great!
  • l_oudman
    l_oudman Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    Inspirational, you look fantastic. Great job so far and can't wait to see you reach your goal, I'll be cheering you along.
  • AZKristi
    AZKristi Posts: 1,801 Member
    Options
    Great work, the pics really reflect how hard you've worked!
  • Keebler125
    Options
    you LOOK AWESOME!
    you are beautiful just the way you are!
    i hope that you are doing what you are, for yourself - to make the inside you feel happy!. you look VERY happy in your pics and quite frankly very good!
    touche, good job!
  • cjs3001
    Options
    Thank you all so much *blushes*
  • cjs3001
    Options
    Good job! Your story motivates me to stick with the app though we fall off the wagon occasionally. You look great!

The app has DEFINITELY been my saving grace, it makes it all so simple so I really hope you stick with it
    And falling off the wagon occasionally is definitely acceptable! :D
  • BMiller5
    BMiller5 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    You look great! Keep it up!!!
  • JoeyP2011
    Options
    You look great, well done. x
  • jmk71171
    Options
    I rarely reply but always love reading success stories! I loved your advice!

You look great!
  • Jenlwb
    Jenlwb Posts: 682 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the info, and the pics, you look stunning! It shows so much in your face.

Congrats, and good luck in your next goal- you have the right attitude!
  • ceirawillsucceed
    ceirawillsucceed Posts: 519 Member
    Options
    you look fantastic. you have done so well im sure the rest will be off in no time.
    how tall are you? im just asking cause as you know i have lost around the same as you. i weigh less than you at the moment but look way way heavier than you. you look amazing.
    i am so proud of you. keep up the fantastic work.
  • fattabby1
    fattabby1 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    you have done amazing. well done x
  • sk2775
    sk2775 Posts: 703 Member
    Options
    Totally agree with everything that you wrote. I also started about 6 months ago and it has been a wonderful journey thus far. Hard, but so great in terms of outcome. I still have some ways to go, but as you said, don't give up. I totally agree with what you wrote about being able to eat whatever you want.....you should not have to cut out your favorite foods from your diet, but just have to make sure that you cut down on portion and add in exercise.
    Congrats on a wonderful progress and keep up the great work.
  • ignatiusreilly
    ignatiusreilly Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    well done!
  • minus40
    minus40 Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    You look beautiful!.. Much healthier and happier - good for you!!! I'm sure you will reach your goal. Curious, how tall are you? :smile:
  • Lesliecs
    Lesliecs Posts: 930 Member
    Options
    Great job! Congrats on the 42 lbs. gone. You look awesome.... you can really see a big difference! Thanks for motivating all of us! :flowerforyou:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!