Do supplements work?

Hi everyone

So i went to holland and barrett yesterday to buy tea and started browsing the weight loss section, was collared by the shop assistant who convinced me to buy L-Tyrosine Capsules (which apparently will stop me getting hungry) and a fat metaboliser i forget the name of. Has anyone had any success with this sort of thing? Was i being really naive to think they might help? I don't intend to use them as a substitute for eating better and exercising.

Replies

• Lift_hard_eat_big
    Lift_hard_eat_big Posts: 2,278 Member
    Hi everyone

So i went to holland and barrett yesterday to buy tea and started browsing the weight loss section, was collared by the shop assistant who convinced me to buy L-Tyrosine Capsules (which apparently will stop me getting hungry) and a fat metaboliser i forget the name of. Has anyone had any success with this sort of thing? Was i being really naive to think they might help? I don't intend to use them as a substitute for eating better and exercising.

Never buy anything you are unsure of. Most amino acid supplements can be made by the body (non-essential) such as L-Tyrosine. Eat plenty of protein and you're gonna get the amino acids you need. If you can't eat enough protein have a protein supplement like a shake.