FOOD

Options
Okay, so, some days i workout so hard that I have over 2000 calories that are available for me to eat. This leaves a WIDE range of foods for me to put in my belly....if I burn so many calories....does it matter what kinds of food I eat? or is a calorie a calorie?

Replies

• BeautyFromPain
    BeautyFromPain Posts: 4,952 Member
    Options
    bump
  • whisperingdragon
    Options
    Calories in and calories out the healthy way, or calories in calories out the unhealthy way..

I choose healthy!!
  • Rachaelluvszipped
    Rachaelluvszipped Posts: 768 Member
    Options
    Oh, very good question... I don't believe a calorie is a calorie..depending on the time you eat it and when you eat it..because if you eat a high caloric starchy carb, food item..closer to night..believe me when i say this..it will stick like glue the next morning..argh..I've been experimenting myself.. Once you get the hang of when you are exercising and guesstimate the calories you burn..I suggest balancing your calorie intake throughout your meals for the day...are you eating 5-6x a day..or 2-3?
  • IronSmasher
    IronSmasher Posts: 3,908 Member
    Options
    No, not all calories are equal.
  • Spedden
    Spedden Posts: 207
    Options
    It definitely matters what you put into your body, not just the calorie count, but the nutrituional value. Check with your doctor or log in to your medical insurance company's website for more info. :flowerforyou: Looks like you've been working really hard--congratulations, and I hope you have continued success!
  • HMonsterX
    HMonsterX Posts: 3,000 Member
    Options
    Oh, very good question... I don't believe a calorie is a calorie..depending on the time you eat it and when you eat it..because if you eat a high caloric starchy carb, food item..closer to night..believe me when i say this..it will stick like glue the next morning..argh..I've been experimenting myself.. Once you get the hang of when you are exercising and guesstimate the calories you burn..I suggest balancing your calorie intake throughout your meals for the day...are you eating 5-6x a day..or 2-3?
    All the research I have seen, and I an open to other studies to show differently, it makes no difference as long as you eat within your calorie budget and eat good food. Having said that, for you personally there may be eating patterns that will help you maintain your calorie budget better. For some people that is eating a bunch of small meals, but for others doing that leads to eating too much because it keeps them constantly hunger. The opposite is also true, eating 3 meals a day can help some people stay within their calories, but for others it doesn't work. Not because of the physical aspects or how their body works, but because it leads the to eat more calories then they are supposed to. As far as your body is concerned it makes no difference, but as for your mind and how well you stick to the program, it may make a difference. Feel free to eat a whatever pattern you want as long as you maintain your calories and know it won't hurt you.