Struggles /:

Hello, my name is Lindsey & I have been struggling with my weight for quite a while now. Last year I struggled through minor anorexia... I was never underweight but close to it. Then all of a sudden I just got fed up with it & stuffed myself with all kinds of junk.... so much. I was scared because I couldn't control myself so I finally seeked help from a therapist but that really didn't change anything, I still would binge like a crazy woman. I have been fighting a constant battle of trying not to binge and earn a healthy weight again but I am good for two days than slip hard & cosume like 2000 calories more than I should.. which I defintely dont need. I weigh in the range of 168 and I am 5'6.

I often feel like I am fighting this horrible struggle alone and I pray everyday that I may over come it.
Any support will be very much appreciated. My goal is to reach my goal of 135 pounds.

Thanks in advance! God bless!

Replies

• Hello, my name is Lindsey & I have been struggling with my weight for quite a while now. Last year I struggled through minor anorexia... I was never underweight but close to it. Then all of a sudden I just got fed up with it & stuffed myself with all kinds of junk.... so much. I was scared because I couldn't control myself so I finally seeked help from a therapist but that really didn't change anything, I still would binge like a crazy woman. I have been fighting a constant battle of trying not to binge and earn a healthy weight again but I am good for two days than slip hard & cosume like 2000 calories more than I should.. which I defintely dont need. I weigh in the range of 168 and I am 5'6.

I often feel like I am fighting this horrible struggle alone and I pray everyday that I may over come it.
    Any support will be very much appreciated. My goal is to reach my goal of 135 pounds.

Thanks in advance! God bless!
  • Cowboy
    Cowboy Posts: 369 Member
    You're NOT alone. Not by a long shot. There are great people here who will help you and keep you encouraged. The ONLY thing you need to do to succeed, is to stay the course. If you fall down, well, dust off your britches and get right back up. We'll even give you a hand up if you need it. Hang in there.
    Cowboy
  • deanea
    deanea Posts: 1,437
    We are here:flowerforyou:
  • I was scared because I couldn't control myself so I finally seeked help from a therapist but that really didn't change anything,

Therapy can be great and very effective. Eating disorders are tricky ones because they are not usually the surface problem they seem to be. Therapists come from all different treatment backgrounds - you need to shop around until you find someone you click with. Dont think they are all the same, they are only people after all, and there are some people that are better at being therapists than others.
  • i am 24 years old and have been overweihht my entire life! i am so sick of it & this year decided this t obe the year to do it. I am on a 1000 calorie diet & exercise daliy using the exercise bike, 5 lb weights & the aerobic step. I currently weigh 195lbs @ 5'7 i hope to get down to 145 and be a size 10. i hope to loose at least 15lbs by march so i can wear a decent bathing suit during my trip to miami. is this possible? does anyolne have any tips?? any help would be great

thanks
  • MIDGEKIN
    MIDGEKIN Posts: 113
    hang in there honey!! thats what this site is here for, I've only been on it for a few days and have already benefitted!! If you need anything, just give a shout, someone will hear it :smile:
  • icandoit
    icandoit Posts: 4,163 Member
    Step by step. We are all here for you 24/7. Be safe and be healthy. There is no failure as long as you try your best.
    Good luck and welcome!!:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • deanea
    deanea Posts: 1,437
    i am 24 years old and have been overweihht my entire life! i am so sick of it & this year decided this t obe the year to do it. I am on a 1000 calorie diet & exercise daliy using the exercise bike, 5 lb weights & the aerobic step. I currently weigh 195lbs @ 5'7 i hope to get down to 145 and be a size 10. i hope to loose at least 15lbs by march so i can wear a decent bathing suit during my trip to miami. is this possible? does anyolne have any tips?? any help would be great

thanks

1000 calories a day, thems fighting words on this site!!!!! Look back at basically all of the posts in the past week and maybe talk to a professional regarding your goals:smile:
  • Smilineyes
    Smilineyes Posts: 346 Member
    I'm 23 and I struggled with the same thing last year. A couple years ago I went through a phase of drinking lots of water and not really eating anything. Last year I became obsessed with food. It was all I thought about. I just didn't want to deal anymore. So I stuffed my face. My faith is what gets me through a lot. One day I realized that I love myself and I shouldn't do this to my body. I also had a lot of other issues (of course) that were really the problem. Try to get to the root of the problem. Look inside to see who you really are and what you want. I recommend some form of meditation. I do yoga and it helps so much. If you slip up just start over the next day. Have faith in yourself. We're all here for you and we understand what you're going through.
  • rou_pl
    rou_pl Posts: 7
    Well, I'm not an expert, but my recommendation would be: stay away from very strict diets.

Why? First of all they are difficult to follow. You can slip so easily, and feel like you failed. Then it is always somehow challenging to stay on track. Try to find out how much you should eat every day to keep your weight then cut your calories by, say, 20 or 30% (that really is enough), exercise (both cardio and strength training - speeds up your metabolism), and be patient. Celebrate every pound lost. I have a friend who used to buy those rather inexpensive marbles after losing every pound. She would put them into a glass vase and it kept her motivated. Works great.

Other reason is, low calorie diets slow down your metabolism. It is hard to stay on such a diet for a long time. After reaching their goals people tend to go back to their old habits. It is better to change those habits, rather than stay on a diet just for a while.

However, positive thinking is really all you need. You can always find support here. I also think littlespoon is right. You could give therapy another chance. And yeah, yoga or other relaxation technique sounds great!
  • ariannedavis
    ariannedavis Posts: 520 Member
    First off, you recognize that you have an eating disorder; Good for you :drinker: . We are all guilty to some degree, but when it's so deeply ingrained, it's harder to control.

My suggestion is to add times & emotions to your food journal. Before you put something in your mouth, write down the time, how you are feeling & why you are about to eat it. Are you mad, sad, bored, eating out of compulsion? Again, after you eat, how do you feel? Did that satisy your craving, are you still hungry, do you regret eating it, etc?

I worked with a SEVERLY aneroxic athlete once and this was most effective for her, as well as her therapist. You can then see if there is a trend in your binge habits, things to avoid, times of the day to stay busy, and gives others involved in your healing process to better understand you! Hope that helps!