Can someone explain this to me please?

Options
2»

Replies

• odusgolp
    odusgolp Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    If you're not, I'd also say, grab a tape measure and guage your progress that way as well :)
  • hbrittingham
    hbrittingham Posts: 2,518 Member
    Options
    I only looked at about 10 days of your diary. I noticed that one day you went over, but almost every other day you were very close to 1000 calories under. That is entirely too few calories and will cause your body to hold onto every single calorie it can. Try eating more and see if that helps.
  • Spedden
    Spedden Posts: 207
    Options
    I agree with bachooka. How often do you weigh in? I think every two weeks is plenty. Good luck, and looks like you've lost a good bit of weight already and that you're doing all the right things!:flowerforyou:
  • sleepytexan
    sleepytexan Posts: 3,138 Member
    Options
    you are eating way too little. beware, doing that is what caused me (unknowingly) to pack on 15 lbs. over a year (and I work out 6 or 7 days a week).

you can read my profile to see my story if you're interested, but the key here is you are netting too few calories for your body to meet its basic needs, so it has no choice but to slow your metabolism. It is a vicious cycle if you don't break it quickly.

Work out hard > eat too little > metabolism slows > you gain weight > work out harder > eat even less > metabolism slows more > now you are tired AND gaining weight > get frustrated > binge > gain more > quit, fatter than you were to start.

DON'T DO IT! Seriously all you need to do is eat those exercise cals. Don't leave more than 100 cals in the green.

For more specific explanations see the 2nd page of SHOULD I EAT MY EXERCISE CALORIES .COM:

http://shouldieatmyexercisecalories.com/

For your own best interest, take the time to check out those reference links so you can understand this. It's counter-intuitive, and many people are quick to reject it unless they take the time to understand. Do you know any athletic people who can eat anything they want without gaining weight? THOSE people understand. You want to be like them, so read.

blessings.