How do I log this?

Options
I work on a med/surg unit(nursing) in a hospital, 32 hours a week. I am literally walking probably 6 hours out of my 8.5 shift. Mostly at a good clip (always in in a rush!) Im not going to add 6 hours of exercise. I've been keeping it conservative 45-60min walking slow pace. Is that good enough? I have my activity level set at sedatary cause on my days off I try to actually relax.

Any help is appreciated!

Replies

• catshark209
    catshark209 Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options
    If I am not mistaken, you'd probably have to change your activity level to "very active".
  • missalicia78
    Options
    I work with an RN who did MFP and, instead of logging her work, she set her activity level higher (I want to say she was "active"...) She lost 50 lbs so I think she did the right thing. ;) But really, I think it depends on your body. I was set at "lightly active" but I was running around work at night then running around campus during the day and still not losing anything. When I went up to "active" is when my body stopped thinking I was starving and let go of some pounds.
  • Tonnina
    Tonnina Posts: 979 Member
    Options
    If I am not mistaken, you'd probably have to change your activity level to "very active".
    Or at least one step up from sedentary... You can live a mostly active life with lazy days off but still burn burn burn because your body is used to it by now.
  • engineman312
    engineman312 Posts: 3,450 Member
    Options
    my wife is an NP, and she put down "lightly active." why? because we all tend to over-estimate how active we are, and under-estimate how many calories we take in.
  • Tiki1978
    Options
    Maybe my calorie intake was too low for the work I do, makes so much more sense. I'll up my activity level and just log only my true exercise.

:) Thanks