Vegans- What are your thoughts on eating soy ?

Options
2»

Replies

• flipsit
    flipsit Posts: 111
    Options
    I eat soy regularly but not excessively. I'm happy to eat it in moderation.
  • yogavegan
    yogavegan Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    i've been vegan for about 6 years. like anything processed, i believe soy should be kept to a minimum and enjoyed as a treat. i try to eat more tempeh than tofu, because its fermented and my tummy likes it better. when i eat too much soy, i get headaches and feel lethargic.

eating a lot of highly processed soy-meat analogs is not really any healthier than eating highly processed meat products. there is a lot of information in support of soy and against soy. i dont really know what to believe, but i think, with anything, moderate intake is best.
  • gingerb85
    gingerb85 Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    I try not to overdo it on the soy. I might eat tofu once a week at most and rarely ever eat processed foods (with or without soy). I am not a fan of "fake meats" and would prefer to get my protein from grains and beans.
  • electriq
    electriq Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    I eat soy only very occasionally. I'm semi vegan, semi vegetarian (I eat fish sometimes). My preferred vegan sources of protein are quinoa (can't emphasize this enough, an awesome awesome super grain), LSA (Linseed, Sunflower seed and almond mix which forms a complete protein) and Sacha Inchi.