I KNOW I am supposed to get into MMA!!!

Options
FitJoani
FitJoani Posts: 2,173 Member
Because I was going to sign up for a class on the other side of the city and I happened to look at one of the signs at my gym as I always do and with some sort of fate, My gym is now going to havew mixed martial arts. The first classes are free to test it out and see if is popular enough but then it will be very very low cost as opposed to the one i was gonna take accross town. It is an hour long boxing/.karate training class. After a certain amount of conditioning I will get to actually learn/practice fighting. That ABOLUTELY made my day!!!!!

Replies

• FitJoani
    Options
    Because I was going to sign up for a class on the other side of the city and I happened to look at one of the signs at my gym as I always do and with some sort of fate, My gym is now going to havew mixed martial arts. The first classes are free to test it out and see if is popular enough but then it will be very very low cost as opposed to the one i was gonna take accross town. It is an hour long boxing/.karate training class. After a certain amount of conditioning I will get to actually learn/practice fighting. That ABOLUTELY made my day!!!!!
  • RachVR6
    RachVR6 Posts: 3,688 Member
    Options
    Love it! I did Taekwondo for two years, even got my black belt and then my place and all the rest of the local one's shut down. :cry: I'm still waiting for something to pop back up.

Have fun!
  • bridgetkang
    Options
    If you really want to get into MMA, you should definitely do the kickboxing/thai boxing training, but you should also look into a good jiu jitsu class. I did Gracie Jiu Jitsu for years, and the training is invaluable (I used to be a police officer and it was GREAT training.) and it's a great workout. If you roll for 10 minutes, it can feel like a year. It's great for core training, endurance and focus.
  • 3babybeans
    3babybeans Posts: 8,268 Member
    Options
    Good luck with the class, Joani! Sounds like a great workout! I've always wanted to do some sort of martial arts, but the timing has never been right. :grumble:
  • GTOgirl1969
    GTOgirl1969 Posts: 2,527 Member
    Options
    I took Krav Maga classes for a while, and never had to use the training on anyone, but just the knowledge that I can kick someone's butt made my day.:bigsmile:
  • FitJoani
    Options
    I loved it it was intense but i can see myself doing it and getting those hottie jillian michaels abs!!! So I believe this may be ny new thing!!