Pork?

Options
A friend of mine told me that as long as I am eating pork (namely bacon) that I will not see the results I want (or at least as fast as I should see them). Does anyone know this to be true?

If this is true, what other delicious alternatives are there? I like to get my food from Sam's Club...

Replies

• irisheyez718
    irisheyez718 Posts: 677 Member
    Options
    Sorry, but I don't believe that at all. It's all about portion size. I don't deprive myself of ANYTHING. If I want it, I work it into my day, and have it. Good luck!
  • lil_pulp
    lil_pulp Posts: 701 Member
    Options
    I know plenty of people (including myself and my husband) who have included pork as part of their regular diet and lost a lot of weight. Just budget the calories and pay attention to sodium and stuff, and enjoy what you eat.
  • andrewthread
    andrewthread Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Turkey
  • sarahmaryfearnley
    sarahmaryfearnley Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    mmmmm, bacon. Reminds me of that comedian, Jim Garrafini (sp?). He does a bit about how it must be hard to recruit Muslims when you tell people there is no bacon allowed. ;)
  • kel9680
    kel9680 Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    Sorry, but I don't believe that at all. It's all about portion size. I don't deprive myself of ANYTHING. If I want it, I work it into my day, and have it. Good luck!

I totally agree with this! I eat anything I want I just allow for it in my calories! I plan on sticking with this for good and feel like if I don't eat the foods I like I'll just binge on them at some point, there is no way i'm never eating bacon, or a cookie, or ice cream ever again, for me its really just all about portion control!
  • SueInAz
    SueInAz Posts: 6,592 Member
    Options
    I've never heard that pork or bacon will slow your weight loss. The only thing I'd worry about is the amount of sodium in the bacon, so you don't want to eat too much of it. Everything in moderation!
  • LoveHoodies
    Options
    mmmmm, bacon. Reminds me of that comedian, Jim Garrafini (sp?). He does a bit about how it must be hard to recruit Muslims when you tell people there is no bacon allowed. ;)

Jim Gaffigan, love him! Hot Pockets.

Bacon might be high in fat and cals, but there are several cuts of pork that are quite lean. Try a lean porkchop or tenderloin. It is, afterall, the other white meat. :p
  • joseph9
    joseph9 Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    IMHO, calories are basically calories. Lean pork is actually pretty good in terms of calories per ounce, and even stuff like bacon or pork belly is ok if you keep your total calories in proportions.
  • sarahmaryfearnley
    sarahmaryfearnley Posts: 366 Member
    Options

Jim Gaffigan, love him! Hot Pockets.

By Mennen.