Sugar free cake?

Options
Anyone have a recipe for a sugar free cake? My father in law's birthday is Monday. He's diabetic and I'm trying to lose weight...I wanted a sugar free cake recipe. But one that won't taste like nasty :).

If anyone has any ideas of suggestion I'd greatly appreciate you sharing!

Thanks

Replies

• dababers
    Options
    There are sugar free cake mixes on the market...I get mine at Walmart. Also sugar free frostings.
  • fabulousfebe
    Options
    Try "Allreceipes.com" they might have one... :smile:
  • kje2011
    kje2011 Posts: 502 Member
    Options
    angel food cake is good for diabetics :)
  • MlleDee
    MlleDee Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    I have a great recipe...but be aware even sugarfree cake mixes and such still have some carbs and sugar. Here is one of my favorite "lower sugar" recipes:

1 Sugar Free Yellow Cake Mix
    1 Can of Pineapple, canned with Splenda (I prefer tidbits, but can be done with any cut)
    1 cup of Water
    3 Eggs
    1/2 cup Unsweetened Applesauce
    1/2 cup Brown Sugar (can be reduced)
    1/4 cup Butter Spread (melted)
    Make Cake Mix per directions, but using applesauce in place of oil. Mix well.

In 13x9 pan, mix melted butter and brown sugar. Spread into an even layer, open and drain pineapple and layer ontop. Pour cake mix over and place in oven at 350 for 35 minutes or until done. Allow to cool and serve. Dish can be flipped for presentation or served from dish.

Serves 12
    Calories 218, Carbs 44, Fat 8, Sugar 14
  • codyraye
    Options
    THANK YOU! That one with the pineapple sure sounds yummy. I might have to add it into the angel food cake I ended up making. Thank you for taking the time to respond!

:)