Stronger Better Faster Jan 5

Options
Good morning!
Do we have any newbies? I have missed the posts the last few days. Welcome if we do!
How are my pebbles this morning? My Monday hasn't started off that great but oh well. I'll make it work. I am getting back to logging today, back to push ups, and adding on the sit up challenge done by the same guy.
I still feel wiped out. I really thought I'd bounce back by now. It probably doesn't help that I loaded up on sugar, chocolate and sodas at my mom's. :grumble: I don't know what happened. Nothing satisfied me. I was really depressed and tired. It was just really bad. Thought about stepping on the scale, but it will only make it worse.
Today is a new start and I will try my best to stick with it:
push ups
situps
logging
drinking water
either a work out dvd or clean the house for a couple of hours.
Happy Monday my friends!
MM

Replies

• mechanicmom
    mechanicmom Posts: 5,695 Member
    Options
    Good morning!
    Do we have any newbies? I have missed the posts the last few days. Welcome if we do!
    How are my pebbles this morning? My Monday hasn't started off that great but oh well. I'll make it work. I am getting back to logging today, back to push ups, and adding on the sit up challenge done by the same guy.
    I still feel wiped out. I really thought I'd bounce back by now. It probably doesn't help that I loaded up on sugar, chocolate and sodas at my mom's. :grumble: I don't know what happened. Nothing satisfied me. I was really depressed and tired. It was just really bad. Thought about stepping on the scale, but it will only make it worse.
    Today is a new start and I will try my best to stick with it:
    push ups
    situps
    logging
    drinking water
    either a work out dvd or clean the house for a couple of hours.
    Happy Monday my friends!
    MM
  • RachVR6
    RachVR6 Posts: 3,688 Member
    Options
    My eating was terrible yesterday, but the way I look at it. I may have ate over my goal, but I probably wasn't over the calories I should eat to maintain this weight. I think that's where a lot of people cut themselves down. They don't hit their 12 or 1400 calories, but they forget that that doesn't mean they'll gain.

Anyway, chest and back are really sore today thanks to p90x and I'm proud to say I really pushed myself yesterday. Hope to do the same today with plyo and actually finish the whole disc! :drinker:
  • lotusfromthemud
    lotusfromthemud Posts: 5,335 Member
    Options
    Morning. . .

Today is a scheduled day off. I really, really, really didn't want to go to yoga yesterday, but I went. I always feel triumphant when I push through the raging don't wannas. The trick to this one was "if you go today, you get a day off tomorrow. But, if you don't you'll have to go tomorrow to make up for it." Tah-dah!

So, today it's a day off (probably a light walk to or from the subway just to do a little moving).

I'm amazed at myself for feeling so decadent planning on two whole days off a week. Craziness.

MM, sometimes our bodies and our hearts just need some rest. My wish is that you find the right balance between kicking your own butt and being gentle with yourself. (that's my wish for everybody else, too.) You have every right to feel down, both physically and emotionally. Your pebbles are here for you! Oh, and I'm getting on the scale Friday morning. . .wanna do it together? (eek. . .it's my first weigh in in more than a month. . .)

Take care everybody. . .:flowerforyou:
  • yoginimary
    yoginimary Posts: 6,783 Member
    Options
    Yesterday, I went to the gym - did elliptical and walk/jog. I'm down to a 12.5 minute mile - yeah! Also did 30 minutes of yoga.

Today, I'm teaching yoga for 1 hour and taking my normal class. I'm not sure if I'm going to count this as two yogas for the week. Also hope to do some cardio.
  • Renae_Nae
    Renae_Nae Posts: 935 Member
    Options
    I was doing great yesterday....til the last few pieces of pizza screamed my name and I started cramping so I didn't want to work out. I could have easily handled one of those...but both put me well over :sick:

I have over 1,300 calories without working out....so today I'm going to shoot for 1,100 that way I have some snacking calories since I'm craving anything and everything!!!! Hopefully that will keep me from going over since I'm not sure I can make it to the gym today.

Other than that, I'm asking for prayers. Being a military wife is a life I've chosen...but it's not easy right now. A friend was KIA a few days ago "over there" and while my husband is home...he is set to go back (we've already done a 13 month deployment) later this fall. My workout partner's husband is over there and was good friends with the guy KIA so she is taking it pretty hard too. This is throwing us both off and putting us into a rut.
  • yoginimary
    yoginimary Posts: 6,783 Member
    Options
    Best wishes your way Renae

So after reading V's blog today - I have a question for y'all. Would you rather eat diet food/count calories or eat mindfully? I believe you have to choose if you want to maintain or lose weight. I feel this is a lifelong decision - at least for me. Once I get off track, the weight comes back.
  • mechanicmom
    Options
    V, I'll weigh in with you on Friday! I hope to have good news by then!
    Mary, I would rather eat mindfully but I know I am not there yet. I really hate counting, but I feel that's what I need right now. If my mind would just get it together, then I wouldn't have to.
    Renae, sorry to hear what you are going through. I said a prayer for you and your friends. Stay strong.
    Today is not a high activity day but I did get the Christmas tree down, did my push ups(I managed 50!) and sit ups, and I am working on laundry. I am about to pull out the stuff to paint on Alex's bed some more. It sure is taking a long time but it's cute and worth it!
    So I have burned some cals today. I hope to feel up to doing more tomorrow. Maybe Shred or taebo. Or even just a walk if it's warm enough.
    Hope your day is going well!
    MM
  • mechanicmom
    Options
    Here's the footboard to Alex's bed.
    1-5-2009-49_xsmall.jpg
    I still need to do some touch up on it. The headboard/siderails are going to be the front half of the cab, and the drawers under the bed will have wheels on them. I have quite a bit of work to do yet, but it's coming along! I have the hardest part done (well besides sanding the drawers down) since I finished Thomas' face. It has been fun doing the detail work.
    Anyway, just wanted to share my project with you all. :smile:
    MM
  • Renae_Nae
    Options
    Best wishes your way Renae

So after reading V's blog today - I have a question for y'all. Would you rather eat diet food/count calories or eat mindfully? I believe you have to choose if you want to maintain or lose weight. I feel this is a lifelong decision - at least for me. Once I get off track, the weight comes back.

I will *once I have maintained my weight for three months* stop logging food. However, I will still weight myself every week and if me being "mindful" of my food is not working at any point I'm going back to longing. I can't let logging be my life...but I can't let my eating get out of control either.
  • cp005e
    cp005e Posts: 1,495 Member
    Options
    V - I just caught up on your last couple blog entries (thanks for the pointer, Mary). That is awesome about the boots. I have always had kinda thick calves, and even though I would be pretty happy if I stayed at my current weight for the rest of my life, I still don't think that I could fit into high boots! (I also have freakishly large knees, so it would probably look silly anyway :laugh: ). I probably don't really think about my food while I'm eating as much as I should - I am almost always in a hurry or doing something else while eating (like watching TV or socializing). The TV is the worst - my husband will hand me a plate and I will just eat and eat until it is gone. He has been really good about cutting down on my portions without me asking (he used to give me half - and considering he is 6'5", that's WAY more than I need), but I sometimes finish and realize that if there had been twice as much food on the plate, I probably would have eaten that, too.

To answer Mary's question, though, I would rather eat mindfully as well. Logging is tedious and I'd rather just eat food that I like than 'diet food'. I have not officially logged my calories for a couple months now, and so far, so good. I still mentally log them though - at least some days - but I think that can still count as eating mindfully (being aware of what I am eating).

Rach, I think you are totally right. Even when I was logging and really trying to lose, I didn't beat myself up so much if I went over my goals - as long as I was still under my maintenance level, I figured it wasn't so bad.

And MM - that bed is adorable! I had wondered what the heck you had been doing that took so much time :tongue: but that is really cute and I understand now. Congrats again on the 50 pushups!

Renae, I'm so sorry to hear about your friend. Best wishes to you all for as much peace and comfort as possible. :flowerforyou:
  • Renae_Nae
    Options
    ugh...that is the last time I take two weeks off from working out!!! I did a mile (half walking half running) and cramped and died my whole way through! I hate the feeling of that "first work out" when you haven't done it in forever!
  • ariannedavis
    ariannedavis Posts: 520 Member
    Options
    Had a great run today; 40 minutes with what I think is becoming a chest cold. I have had a tickle in my throat for a few days, now a cough that hurts deep in my chest/lungs. Ugh, why is it when I'm motivated and on track, something happens to siderail me? :grumble:

Rooting on my Buckeyes from afar, don't konw if I'll be able to stay up for the whole thing...

See you on the flip side!
    Arianne
    :wink:

And kudos on "choo choo thomas" as my son says!