Does anyone know of a website that gives a personal fitness

Options
I need to know of a website that gives a personal fitness plan based on your ability to excercise how much weight you need to lose etc, I need the website to be able to tell me how to do each excercise...Does anyone know of any such website...THANKS!!!

Replies

• kitteerae
    Options
    I need to know of a website that gives a personal fitness plan based on your ability to excercise how much weight you need to lose etc, I need the website to be able to tell me how to do each excercise...Does anyone know of any such website...THANKS!!!
  • réalta
    réalta Posts: 895 Member
    Options
    would love to know this too :flowerforyou:
  • stylistchik
    stylistchik Posts: 1,436 Member
    Options
    I'd hit up a few sessions with a real-life personal trainer. They will be able to give you a lot more specific information thats personalized for you than any generic website. They way they can show you and help you do the exercises correctly, too!
  • tonid
    tonid Posts: 3
    Options
    I'd hit up a few sessions with a real-life personal trainer. They will be able to give you a lot more specific information thats personalized for you than any generic website. They way they can show you and help you do the exercises correctly, too!

I agree....a personal trainer would be able to gauge your actual fitness level and put you in the right direction. They can be a little pricey, but a lot of times if you are joining a gym they will add a few personal training sessions in with your membership.I'd sugest googling for some video links that shows you how to do some of the weight lifting exercises, if a gym membership isn't in the cards at the time...
  • FitJoani
    FitJoani Posts: 2,173 Member
    Options

I agree....a personal trainer would be able to gauge your actual fitness level and put you in the right direction. They can be a little pricey, but a lot of times if you are joining a gym they will add a few personal training sessions in with your membership.I'd sugest googling for some video links that shows you how to do some of the weight lifting exercises, if a gym membership isn't in the cards at the time...
    I would also agree get a few sessions then sorta pick thier brain for tips and pointers. I had one and it was FANTASTIC(plus he was cute) and oncew you have that basic knowledge im sure you can figure something out
  • kitteerae
    Options
    I dont have money to go to a personal fitness trainer...sorry but i need a website..ANY HELP!!! THANKS!!!
  • imcrystal
    Options
    Have you every tried any of the Beachbody videos? Turbo Jam, Hip Hop Abs, P90, Slim in 6? Each one of these videos give you different levels of the exercises with a fitness instructor. They cost way less than what you would normally spend on a gym membership and you can do it on your time with little investment in the product. Also, each one comes with an eating plan. You can log in your exercises daily for free and get the chance to win great prizes daily!!

My husband is a Beachbody coach and he's had amazing results out of the P90. I"m currently doing Turbo Jam and I'm seeing results as well. This is honestly the only workout video I actually look forward to doing every day. It's fun....and you get a great workout no matter what shape you're in. You have to start out slow - but doing something every day will get you where you want to be. They have a lot of tools on their website. You can check out his website at itpays2getfit.com. Hope this helps.
  • ivykivy
    ivykivy Posts: 2,970 Member
    Options
    I dont have money to go to a personal fitness trainer...sorry but i need a website..ANY HELP!!! THANKS!!!

You can try exercise.about.com which maps out a plan. You can search for the different types of exercises on youtube. If you are still in school you could ask one of the coaches to assist you. Also try your local library for fitness DVDs
  • gsschulte
    gsschulte Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    For me i went over to men's health they have many tools and workout plans. I imagine that womans health would have the same. But basically here is the deal on exercise. if you want to tone you work what is not strong. if you are working toward general health you need the macro exercises dead lift squats bench military press. they work more than one muscle group at a time so they help you get the total body workout. but above all basically cardio is the lose weight key. treadmill eliptical and bike should be your friends if you are just starting out. and the best part is that you can mostly do them on your own without a gym.
  • NikkiDerrig386
    NikkiDerrig386 Posts: 1,096 Member
    Options
    Ok yes going to a personal trainer is helpful but thier main goal is to sell. They will help you make a plan that involves them as much as possible. which means more money. I am really good at making workout plans I could help you if you would like?
  • pettmybunny
    pettmybunny Posts: 1,986 Member
    Options
    At the Y a couple of years ago, I did a fitness thing with a trainer. It wasn't a bunch of sessions, and it wasn't super expensive, I think it was only 50 bucks or so. I had one session where they tested my levels and used calipers (sp?) to guage my body fat. Then, a week or two later, I went in, and they had a fitness plan set up based on what I had done my first visit and what my goals were. It worked really well, just followed their strength exercises and did my own cardio, and I dropped the final 15 lbs in the two months before my wedding. I looked hawt in my dress!

As I said, it wasn't outrageously expensive, and I didn't have to continue to pay down the line.