help

Options
Hi guys. I've posted my profile picture. So you can see I have MASSIVE BUTT and HIP problem. It's very disproportionate to my smaller upper body. I always have this problem since I was young. Can anyone suggest the best exercise to reduce that area? Any demo or any links to any pages? Pleasssssssssssseeeeeeeeeee help me in this. I want to at least reduce a bit so it won't look odd. I will give you this emoticon:flowerforyou: =0D

Replies

• cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,130 Member
    Options
    You can't spot reduce. Your genetics determine where you carry your weight. Cardio for fat reduction and resistance for toning.
  • christine24t
    christine24t Posts: 6,063 Member
    Options
    ^^ What was said above. Do cardio, and also do strength training...fat goes away from where it wants to first, and sometimes the area you want it gone from the most is the last place to go!! :(
  • babychoose
    babychoose Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    You can't spot reduce. Your genetics determine where you carry your weight. Cardio for fat reduction and resistance for toning.

Unfortunately my stupid genetic decided to store all fat at my butt and hips area. =0(
    ^^ What was said above. Do cardio, and also do strength training...fat goes away from where it wants to first, and sometimes the area you want it gone from the most is the last place to go!! :(

That's the thing. I'm losing inches from other areas except from my butt and hips. Not a bloody centimetre is gone from that area. URGHHHHH
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,130 Member
    Options
    It will go away - some. But like it was mentioned, the area you hold your weight will only get smaller as you continue to lose fat.

You will always be a pear shape, to some degree. But you can lose the excess fat and you can reshape your figure somewhat. Just keep eating well and moving more.
  • hpygirl64ColleenLinder
    Options
    I agree but disagree with some of what was suggested. Yes your genetics determine how you carry your weight however their are program specific workouts that will target certain areas say core and stomach, etc. In fact, I am currently doing Brazil Butt Lift because my booty needs some lifting with age and I am seeing improvements plus it is fun with some dancing. I sent you a private message on my recommendations and wish you the best. Always incorporate weight resistance as a part of any program as it will more effectively help ...MUSCLE burns FAT for a more compact and lean look!

Feel free all of you to friend me for some calorie free food for thought posted daily.... Colleen