Replies

• hollymires
    Options
    Anyone have or use one for exercise?

Holly
  • tonid
    tonid Posts: 3
    Options
    I have wii fit.....LOVE IT! I also have dance, dane revolution universe 3....it has a workout mode. Counts your steps...I break a sweat playing that one....but the super hula hoops on the wii fit is a great aerobics workout....even my husband who is in the Army pours sweat doing it!! It definitley makes exercise entertaining!
  • FitJoani
    FitJoani Posts: 2,173 Member
    Options
    I dont have the balance board its soo hard to track down soo I got a fitness coach I just got it and it seems pretty cool
  • artschoolgirl
    artschoolgirl Posts: 598 Member
    Options
    I do!!! Well, I use it more for fun. I still go to the gym, but I find that's it's great to spend an hour on it playing rather than an hour watching tv! I think it's an amazing tool to track your progress & help with balance.
  • iTim__
    iTim__ Posts: 6,823 Member
    Options
    When I saw the price for Wii and the Wii Fit extras (about $500 bucks), I decided to make use of the free gym at my office. :smile:
  • anony999
    anony999 Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    I miss the free gym at my old job!

I am heavily leaning towards buying the Wii and the Fit, along with My Fitness Coach and the Snowboarding game. The snowboarding game is a blast and I felt it in my quads the day after trying it.

I haven't seen My Fitness Coach in action... what does everyone think of it?

I know the Jillian Michaels game is getting AWFUL reviews, so I will skip that.
  • renae5
    renae5 Posts: 393 Member
    Options
    My sister has the Wii Fit, but we just got the kids a basic Wii for Christmas - the fit was sold out everywhere. I love the Wii Sports and don't really record the exercise, because I am afraid it wouldn't be very accurate but I can tell you that after bowling for maybe 45 minutes 3 days in a row at Christmas, my right arm and left butt check were sore for days and days!! Hubby and I played the bowling, baseball and golf last night for over 2 hours after the kids went to bed and we had a BLAST, so even if it's not the best exercise atleast we were off our butts for the evening!
  • hollymires
    Options
    We already have the Wii...and I tried to buy the Wii Fit for Christmas...but it was sold out everywhere here too. I belong to the Y and am going to try and make myself go...I was just thinking maybe I would do it if it was here at the house. You guys mentioned a few things I hadn't even thought of though...so I will do some more investigating! Thank you!!!!!!!!

Holly
    :bigsmile:
  • amymac
    amymac Posts: 42
    Options
    I bought my DS a Wii for Christmas. I could not find Wii Fit anywhere. The Wii is a blast, we've had the best time playing it. I've asked for Wii Fit for my b-day, but maybe I"ll buy it for myself sooner. Anything to get me motivated to move.
  • connieq288
    connieq288 Posts: 1,102 Member
    Options
    I wore my HRM today while playing the Wii sports ( I dont have a wii fit either :sad: ) and in just 19 minutes I burned 126 calories. Do the boxing and you will certainly get a workout. After the first few days of playing the bowling and baseball my arms and shoulders were so sore.

Connie
  • terraw
    terraw Posts: 40
    Options
    We have the wii fit and I am finding that not only are you being active doing it, but the kids get involved as well. so it makes fun while getting some exercise in.
    If you can find one I highly recommend it!!
  • dloosbrock
    Options
    The Wii Fit is a lot of fun. All of the games that come with the system are really great, but Wii PLAY and the Shaun White snowboarding game are a lot of fun. The Shaun White game is really awesome and does require you to really focus on your movements, and it's great fun at the same time.

I don't use it as an exercise, as I go to the gym for that... but it is a great way to pass time with friends and simultaneously get in a little extra movement.
  • gingermoon
    gingermoon Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    I love my Wii Fit.
    I've had it for over 6 months and use it almost everyday.
    My favrorites are the free step and free run.
    I'm getting better at hula hoops and love yoga and strength training.

It's so much fun, I've unlocked just about all games by now.
    I actually got rid of my bathroom scales and use the Fit for my daily weigh-ins so that way I can easily keep track of my weight and BMI.
    I like looking back over the last 6 months and being able to see how far I've come and review my workout habits.

The Jillian Michaels game in my oppinion has more good points than bad points.
    I rather enjoy it and get a good workout from it. :flowerforyou:
  • LML79
    LML79 Posts: 697
    Options
    I want the Wii fit so bad! We just bought our kids a Wii for Christmas ..my birthday is Sat and i have been hinting around ..A LOT ...about the wii fit now.. LOL!!! It looks like a lof of fun too..I need something different..the treadmill is starting to get pretty boring
  • Sweettart
    Sweettart Posts: 1,331 Member
    Options
    This weekend I bought My Fitness Coach for Wii and used it today for the first time and it was amazing, I stongly suggest it!

The best thing about it is that you dont need a Wii Fit just Wii.

I think I was sweating more doing 30mins of cardio on My Fitness Coach then Power 90
  • lyla29
    lyla29 Posts: 3,549 Member
    Options
    I just got the My Fitness Coach for the Wii also, and will be trying it out tomorrow.:happy:
  • Trinaw
    Trinaw Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    highly recommend it too. We looked all over for it too and finally ended up finding a wii and wii fit. It is so much fun, you don't even realize your burning calories.The scale is accurate too. Kids love it and it gets them moving:)