500 Calorie Diet

Options

Replies

• dannylives
    Options
    You need to workout and eat healthy! You need to know what it's like to slave away the pounds and feel the pride and self-confidence that comes from working out! You need to change your lifestyle and your thinking,....the thinking that says, "I dont wanna workout, its too hard, I'm just not a workout type of person." This is not about looks and vanity, it's about accomplishing your goals through hard work and dedication. I respect all who have lost weight this way even if they're STILL overweight! They will lose the remaining weight because they know what it takes to get it off, they can see themselves going through what they have to go through to get there and they know they will feel so much better about themselves at the end. I'm still in this battle with myself. It's about becoming a better person, in my opinion.

Or, you could do a 500 calorie diet. Actually, I dont know anything about 500 calorie diets. Maybe its healthy. Maybe I'm wrong. If youre under a doctors supervision, i would say to get some 2nd and 3rd opinions. It sounds like you'll be thin but not have any lean muscle mass on you though. :)
  • whisperingdragon
    Options
    I eat around 1800 a day or more. I lose about 4-6 pounds a month..

Good luck with everything. :flowerforyou:
  • angelaclassact
    angelaclassact Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Why would you do this? If you only eat 500 calories you will not be able to exercise. I think you'll be doing some permanent damage to yourself by trying this one out. The key to a healthy lifestyle is a balanced diet and exercise. You won't be getting that with this set up. Is this an "easy" way out? And by easy, I mean skipping the exercise part of things? Because lord knows eating only 500 calories a day isn't going to be easy.
  • angelaclassact
    Options
  • cazzincali
    cazzincali Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    It's similar to the hcg diet thingy and there's plenty of people on here on it..... I just don't take them drops.....however I don't knock it either. So we shall see but thanks for being optimistic ;) lol

The hcg diet acually makes your body burn fat INSTEAD of muscle because it tricks the body into thinking you are pregnant ...
  • millionsofpeaches
    Options
    I assume you are talking about the HCG diet... You know that you are injecting yourself with pregnant lady pee.
  • angelaclassact
    Options
    Im on 600 cals. Open dairy. Check it if you want. Haters hate. It works for me.

I read a bit of your diary because I was curious about what you're eating. I don't see how it is healthy...there has to be something you're doing to your body internally that you cannot see or be aware of at your age. You're doing the damage now, and the effects will hit you later. Meanwhile, it looks like you're doing some "overeating" (and by calling that it is seriously a JOKE!) - I imagine it is because you're starving! Your food plan doesn't appear to be well rounded or healthy, but that's just me. I'm scared for you!
  • foodforfuel
    foodforfuel Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    I assume you are talking about the HCG diet... You know that you are injecting yourself with pregnant lady pee.

..and we all know pregnant ladies were not practicing 'safe sex'!
  • taso42_DELETED
    taso42_DELETED Posts: 3,394 Member
    Options
    My breakfast is about 500 calories. And so is my second breakfast. Generally speaking, 500 calories is a good typical size for a meal.
  • SiltyPigeon
    SiltyPigeon Posts: 920 Member
    Options
    I was on a 600 calorie diet for 3 months. I lost lots of weight. Then my hair started falling out. I had to start taking laxatives in order to use the bathroom. My nails became brittle. I got acne for the first time in my life. I NEEDED a nap in the afternoon. And worse of all... if I so much as went up to 900 calories I would gain a pound practically over night.

It took months to get myself back to "normal". Then once I started on the 1200 diet I began losing the same amount per week as I was on 600.

In retrospect the 600 calorie diet wasn't a very good idea. I didn't believe that at the time and no one could have talked me out of it. You will learn.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,692 Member
    Options
    Im on 600 cals. Open dairy. Check it if you want. Haters hate. It works for me.
    Lol, haters. Nah, just people who have much experience with actual correct methods of losing weight. Whether you think it or not, low calories for someone of your stature is on the brink of ED.
  • SiltyPigeon
    SiltyPigeon Posts: 920 Member
    Options
    It's similar to the hcg diet thingy and there's plenty of people on here on it..... I just don't take them drops.....however I don't knock it either. So we shall see but thanks for being optimistic ;) lol

The hcg diet acually makes your body burn fat INSTEAD of muscle because it tricks the body into thinking you are pregnant ...

Not according to ACTUAL SCIENTIFIC RESEARCH. That is a marketing gimmick... and a flat out lie.
  • koosdel
    koosdel Posts: 3,317 Member
    Options

Lol!
  • LoveleeB
    LoveleeB Posts: 560 Member
    Options
    This is a joke right?
  • Fredrigo
    Fredrigo Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    500 calories will do horrible things to your blood sugar levels any time you eat anything. I wouldn't encourage it at all unless your under 3 ft tall maybe.
  • shankleefranklee
    Options
    I really don't understand HOW people are like "Oh this is wonderful!" What exactly do you eat? Most of the time an apple is around 100 calories, and a banana is 90. I don't understand how you can be full and healthy with eating such limited amounts?

A cup of broth? A banana? An apple? Calories are gone for the day, and you're thinking to yourself that this is working wonderfully?
  • ImperfektAngel
    ImperfektAngel Posts: 811 Member
    Options
    This can't be safe! and doctors dont always know whats best when it comes to what one should be eating. My doctor forever told me to eat only 1200, Even after losing all the weight, she kept insisting I should lower my calorie intake from what I was eating!
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,692 Member
    Options

You've been scammed to believe that. With little to no exercise, you lose muscle rapidly. And lol, men must on HCG must think they are pregnant? Do they get pickle cravings? LMAO! Classic.
  • Erindipitous
    Erindipitous Posts: 1,234 Member
    Options
    Vitamin supplements or not, you WILL become deficient, and you WILL harm your body.

Eat a healthy, well-balanced 1200 and avoid the long term negative effects.

Please.
  • ilookthetype
    ilookthetype Posts: 3,021 Member
    Options
    I did this in high school and college, and then I got into therapy and I stopped.