Family NSV.... Does that count?

Options
_Ben
_Ben Posts: 1,608 Member
Hey guys, been using MFP hardcore for a little over a month now, and I have lost about 14.5 LBS. Yesterday was my moms birthday, and we picked up my sister who has been away at college the whole time Ive been using MFP, and she instantly when she saw me said she could see the difference. She said my neck weight (which all good Scotsmen have) was virtually gone, as well as my waist looked smaller. I ended up eating a massive hamburger and fries, but saved my calories so I was fine.

Later I saw my grandma, and she said the same thing.

My only problem is I know my mom has been telling people that I have been working out and dieting hardcore, as she sees me walk down into our basement everyday before I head off to college for the day, but I guess it was all nice to hear. I have some before pictures, but I am waiting until Ive made some more significant weight loss before I post any progress pictures.

Replies

• lilieslosinit
    lilieslosinit Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    I think it definitely counts :) Take the compliments and use them as fuel! Great work!
  • aclark6818
    aclark6818 Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    All of them count!!! Congrats!
    :drinker:
  • joseph9
    joseph9 Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    Nice!
  • kschhr
    kschhr Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    I think since they're noticing and pointing out specifics it makes it a little more genuine than just complimenting because they know what you're doing. Either way, there's nothing wrong with a compliment. :)
  • _Ben
    _Ben Posts: 1,608 Member
    Options
    Well thanks everyone, I appreciate the reinforcement
  • dovesgate
    dovesgate Posts: 894 Member
    Options
    I think since they're noticing and pointing out specifics it makes it a little more genuine than just complimenting because they know what you're doing. Either way, there's nothing wrong with a compliment. :)

This.

Your family may have been looking for weight loss because your mom told them but specifics means they really see a difference. If they couldn't they would have left it as a generic "Have you lost weight?" Also, how great is it that your family has banded together to encourage and praise you!! I love that they are so supportive.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!