One for the laydeez - not exciting I'm afraid!

Options
Hormone related - told you it wasn't fun...

Every month I get sore boobs. I mean as in, C25K is not that much fun for that reason (actually, walking fast down a corridor isn't fun!) Anyone get any ideas about whether there's any bonus here with losing weight (mass!) and eating more healthily for this department? Not after hilarious and witty repartee (I have the old fella for that) just other ladies experiences :-)

Replies

• caroltina
    caroltina Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    I presume u have a good sports bra? I didn't to start (f cup) and I had pain and gained a lot of stretch marks due to the force! Shock absorber are fab as are Freya bras
  • caroltina
    caroltina Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    I presume u have a good sports bra? I didn't to start (f cup) and I had pain and gained a lot of stretch marks due to the force! Shock absorber are fab as are Freya bras
  • vanessaclarkgbr
    vanessaclarkgbr Posts: 765 Member
    Options
    Yes sure (but wearing it to work, really?) Really hoping the shrinking will help or that I've been deficient in some magic vitamin up until now :-)
  • chinamonkey
    chinamonkey Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Im going to be the voice of doom here.....I was 13st 6 and a 34/36 E, lost 2 stone and stayed the same size.....

then gained 2 stone back and went up to 36FF....after having my baby i went to a 38/40 H a year later and losing a stone, im a 38 GG/H....im hoping I lose some boobage as i dont want to lose weight and have H cup boobs, apart from the practicalities, bras are blooming expensive!!!

have you been to the doctors for check on your hormone levels?

alex xxx
  • servilia
    servilia Posts: 3,452 Member
    Options
    You mentioned they hurt every month so I assume you mean it's related to your cycle. This has a hormonal cause and other than having a good bra to keep them as still as possible when exercising I doubt you'd see much improvement.
  • vanessaclarkgbr
    Options
    Lol Alex, my OH would be one happy man if that happened, but they are on the shrink now (I will be left with a massive behind instead ;-)) I should get the hormone levels checked I guess but I'm a bit Dr phobic, the place is full of sicky people :-) I'll put it on my must get around to list.
  • servilia
    servilia Posts: 3,452 Member
    Options
    Lol Alex, my OH would be one happy man if that happened, but they are on the shrink now (I will be left with a massive behind instead ;-)) I should get the hormone levels checked I guess but I'm a bit Dr phobic, the place is full of sicky people :-) I'll put it on my must get around to list.

I didn't mean there's anything wrong with your hormones if you feel this.. I have certains boob pains right after ovulation and others have it right before AF. Nothing wrong with checking but this pain doesn't necessarily mean anything is wrong with you. Didn't mean to scare you :)
  • lexgem
    lexgem Posts: 163
    Options
    I agree that it sounds hormonal. I often get this especially bad if I have recently changed BCP or stopped BCP and am readjusting to my own natural hormones. You mention this like it's something new so perhaps if there has been a recent change that could explain it. It tends to go away for me after about 3 cycles after a change.
  • vanessaclarkgbr
    Options
    Ah no, not worried, they've been up the creak for years - came off the pill to try and sort it out 18 months ago, not made much difference, just putting off the poking and prodding (not to mention the inevitable hinting that I may be tad overweight ;-) ) just hoping that weight loss/healthier lifestyle might have been my get out of jail free card but maybe not then!
  • Eliza1980
    Eliza1980 Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    I've found that as I've lost weight my ladies have shrunk a little and my bras don't fit as well. I've noticed a lot more "movement" because my bras aren't fitting and supporting me properly, but putting off getting new ones cause I plan on losing more and it can get pricey. Maybe you just need new bras and a proper fitting?