seriously

Options
I have a feeling i will be going over on calories today (will try my hardest not to). I have not eaten a single exercise calorie this week (over 3672 of them) so i'm not sure why i am beating myself up. What do you guys do when this is the case? I feel like i need the extra today because i've felt weak and like absolute crap all day... hmmmmm

Replies

• dad106
    dad106 Posts: 4,868 Member
    Options
    If your body is telling you to eat, then eat!

Fruit, lean protein... whatever your body wants.

3672 calories is a huge deficit for a week, unless you have a lot to lose.
  • Newbiez
    Newbiez Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    If your body is telling you to eat, then eat!

Fruit, lean protein... whatever your body wants.

3672 calories is a huge deficit for a week, unless you have a lot to lose.

Yep your body is telling you to eat!
  • BeanyFrog13
    BeanyFrog13 Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    I think the occasional day really doesn't make that much of a difference :) I was freaking out about going over my limit as well, but aslong as you carry on the next day with the limits and the exercise as usual, you don't want to make yourself ill. I searched "cheat day" on here earlier and it made me feel a lot better about going over on the odd occasion :)
  • bonjour24
    bonjour24 Posts: 1,119 Member
    Options
    go over and don't worry about it.

the end.
  • JamesonsMommy
    JamesonsMommy Posts: 771 Member
    Options
    thanks everyone :) I switched my calories from 1200 to 1400 per day. I think with the amount of exercise i get each week 1200 was a little low. Just didn't make sense that everyone was telling me i wouldn't lose weight if i ate my exercise calories. I burn almost 900 calories per day at the gym 5 days a week.. 1200 was killing me :) I still have to be able to keep up with my almost 3 year old son.. lol
  • devoralie
    Options
    Good for you!! Way to make a healthy and smart adjustment to your plan :) Keeping up with kids is hard and you need all the energy you can get, especially if you expend a lot of it exercising each week.
  • fallenangelloves
    fallenangelloves Posts: 601 Member
    Options
    I usually always eat my exercise calories.... I have lost on average 1 pound per week so it obviously works. So as long as this works, why wouldn't I? I don't feel hungry and therefore I very rarely feel the urge to cheat. I also allow a cheat day about every 2 weeks... Don't make this hard on yourself or I fear you may not stick with!