Holy S#!t: Discrepancy between HRM and MFP calories burned

Options
I had been logging my Slim in 6 workouts as circuit training, and MFP said that I burned over 500 calories. I wore my HRM today to do the Ramp it Up! workout and it said I only burned 215.:noway: :noway: I was eating most of those phantom calories that MFP was giving me! That's probably why my weight loss has stalled altogether.:grumble: That was a real eye-opener to me.

Replies

• GTOgirl1969
    GTOgirl1969 Posts: 2,527 Member
    Options
    I had been logging my Slim in 6 workouts as circuit training, and MFP said that I burned over 500 calories. I wore my HRM today to do the Ramp it Up! workout and it said I only burned 215.:noway: :noway: I was eating most of those phantom calories that MFP was giving me! That's probably why my weight loss has stalled altogether.:grumble: That was a real eye-opener to me.
  • ckmama
    ckmama Posts: 1,668 Member
    Options
    I've never done Slim in 6, but to me circuit training always meant intense weights legs then arms, then a run or something in between for 1 minute, then back to legs then arms, then a run.

I do that about 3 days a week and my HRM has about the same calorie burn mfp does. I think its all in how the excercise is defined.

Glad you caught it sooner rather than later.:flowerforyou:
  • renae5
    renae5 Posts: 393 Member
    Options
    YIKES that REALLY sucks!! On a positive note at least you caught it before you gained any weight. I wonder how many others are off by that much???
  • mrhappy
    mrhappy Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    :explode: Yeah, you have to be careful! I've had the same problem from time to time and always check my calories burned with at least one other web calculator as well as my HRM. If in doubt, I use the lower number - lot easier not to put those pounds on than to take them off! LOL! :bigsmile: