I'm So Close I Can Taste It?

Options
What is this, I don't understand these feelings? I feel like I am going to my pre-diet ways, trying to loose weight but eating whatever I please, tracking calories to a point but then honestly just saying "I'm going over, whatever!" so eat more then i log,then i make false promises of working out more this week to make up for my weekend binging. I need some tips to get back on track? Motivation...maybe? I don't know. I am so close to my goal, eleven pounds away!! But, this nonsense is just holding me back. I find myself eating more, working out less. Anyone else have these feelings or anything close? Is this normal for the "ten pound stretch"? I feel like the title of this entry! I am so close, but yet I can taste these calorie filled foods going down my throat! Help?!

Replies

• emmiee921
    Options
    I have a similar problem... I want to get back to around the lowest I have been which is around 13 pounds less then what I am now..When I think about it, the weight has seemed to creep up so fast.. I have a problem with binge eating, it used to be once a month maybe now its almost every week... I know when I have too much time that can trigger me to eat, so Im planning just to stay at a friends the times i feel i might.. Or just do exercise in the morning (I find that helps, after taking a morning walk, im more likely to eat healthy)

I think you just have to distract yourself, keep busy.. Find out what triggers you to eat.
    And just keep reminding yourself of your goal and how much better you will feel.
    Put up inspirational words or pictures on your wall.
    Talk to friends about it, get them to motivate you and inspire you.. For me my best friend helps she keeps telling me she has hope that I will reach my goal.

Im not sure if this helps but its the best I got.
  • coldasglass
    Options
    I've had the same issue as well. in fact, I have joined MFP previously and lost a bit of weight but I ran out of motivation. I find it's easier to me to distract myself from the food. Just stay focused on your goal. Congrats on 24 pounds though! :)

You can add me if you want :)