Joined the Gym!!

Options
Hello everyone and Happy New Year!! I bit the bullet and joined the gym, so now that I'm paying $$ for it, I will be motivated to go. I'm back after a long Christmas break and ready to shed some lbs! Since Thanksgiving, I've gained 6 lbs, but still less than what I started with in Oct. I'm okay with that because I'm here and I know MFP works!! Let me know what you think about Zumba (that's one of the classes offered at the gym I'm thinking of trying):wink:

Replies

• clewliss
    clewliss Posts: 640 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone and Happy New Year!! I bit the bullet and joined the gym, so now that I'm paying $$ for it, I will be motivated to go. I'm back after a long Christmas break and ready to shed some lbs! Since Thanksgiving, I've gained 6 lbs, but still less than what I started with in Oct. I'm okay with that because I'm here and I know MFP works!! Let me know what you think about Zumba (that's one of the classes offered at the gym I'm thinking of trying):wink:
  • akwhite
    akwhite Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    My mom loves Zumba! I've never been with her...but she loves to dance and said it's a great time. Enjoy! Way to go on the gym :)
  • akwhite
    akwhite Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    My mom loves Zumba! I've never been with her...but she loves to dance and said it's a great time. Enjoy! Way to go on the gym :)
  • kellch
    kellch Posts: 7,849 Member
    Options
    WTG on joining the gym :drinker: I just can't afford it so I'll keep spending time with Billy :bigsmile: :drinker: :smokin: (Blanks that is:glasses: )

I indulged a bit over the holidays myself :blushing: :embarassed: But back at it now :drinker:
  • hollymires
    Options
    I was just reading about the different classes offered at my local Y since I am a member there...and Zumba was one of them! I had no idea what it was...I am going to have to look into it!
  • stacystar
    stacystar Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    I hope the gym gives you the motivation you are looking for. I have the Zumba video's and I have to say this "I LOVE IT" So much fun, it almost feels like you are at a party and not working out. If you enjoy dancing then you will more than likely love it too. Take the class and enjoy.
  • psyknife
    psyknife Posts: 487 Member
    Options
    You've got some Beachbody vids too, right?
    Set yourself up a plan and stick to it :)