Green Tea

Options
Good morning everybody:smile:

Does anybody know if Green tea does what it says on the tin?? help you lose weight??? I'd like to take a supplement but a natural healthy one and the adverertisements seem to point this way?

Replies

• Lyndal
    Lyndal Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Good morning everybody:smile:

Does anybody know if Green tea does what it says on the tin?? help you lose weight??? I'd like to take a supplement but a natural healthy one and the adverertisements seem to point this way?
  • keiko
    keiko Posts: 2,919 Member
    Options
    I don't know if it will really help you lose weight. It does provide antioxidents plus has alot less caffeine than coffee.
    I started drinking it about 2 months ago when I gave up coffee. It has greatly reduced the number of hot flashes/night sweats I was having. This week I haven't had any!
    I also feel like I have more energy during the day. Partly because I'm sleeping better. And I'm not having the coffee highs & lows during the day.
  • sawtoothtye
    Options
    Hello. I love Green Tea. My favorite is the Celestial Seasonings Antioxidant Green Tea (it has a citrus flavor). I have read lots about Green Tea and weight loss effects. There are numerous theories why it helps but studies prove over and over again that it does. Here is bit from an article on about.com... "In a study reported on in the American Journal of Clinical Nutrition, it was found that green tea extract resulted in a significant increase in energy expenditure (a measure of metabolism), plus also had a significant effect on fat oxidation. While some of the effects were originally theorized to be due to the caffeine content of green tea, the researchers discovered that the tea actually has properties that go beyond those that would be explained by the caffeine. The same amount of caffeine as was in the green tea, administered alone, failed to change energy expenditure in other studies. This led reseachers to believe that there is some interaction going on with the active ingredients of green tea that promotes increased metabolism and fat oxidation."

http://thyroid.about.com/cs/dietweightloss/a/greentea.htm
  • Lyndal
    Options
    Thank you:flowerforyou:

If it gets rid of the hot flashes, its worth taking anyway!!! Which brand do you recommend? there are hundreds or are they all pretty much the same??
  • Lyndal
    Options
    sorry, got the reply, Im a bit slow this morning
  • mablesyrup
    mablesyrup Posts: 286 Member
    Options
    I love green tea also! I don't know if drinking green tea will make you lose weight- but I do know green tea is an appetite suppressent. I drink green tea when I'm feeling the urge to snack. The warm tea takes the cravings away- and it's just yummy!
  • torbaydi
    Options
    ive been drinking green tea for 3 months now, i started drinking to boost my immune system as i had pneumonia in february last year then a hysterectomy in August and had chest infections too i thought it could do with a boost, i think its helping as ive only had 1 cold in 3 months and usually i have loads, i dont know about the weight loss side i suppose we will see now i'm on the straight and narrow road to a slimmer me xx