very upset

Options
i have been going strong for a month now and just not happy with my results. I have only lost 4.5 pounds...yes i know i need to update my ticker......I have yoyod the entire month with 7 pounds being my highest lose. I just dont get it, i thought i would have lost more by now. i dont want to give up it just seems to be taking so long to see any results. I know it is best to do it slow but getting irritated. makes me feel like all my work is for nothing.....:ohwell: :frown: it was weird cause my best week was the week of xmas when i wasnt logging anything or doing any workouts. i figured my body was working off all i had done the weeks before......just dont know if i am doing things right. working out 3-5 days a week for at least 30 min. i usually burn at least 400 cal. eating 1200 cal +. help:cry:

Replies

• amccarville
    Options
    i have been going strong for a month now and just not happy with my results. I have only lost 4.5 pounds...yes i know i need to update my ticker......I have yoyod the entire month with 7 pounds being my highest lose. I just dont get it, i thought i would have lost more by now. i dont want to give up it just seems to be taking so long to see any results. I know it is best to do it slow but getting irritated. makes me feel like all my work is for nothing.....:ohwell: :frown: it was weird cause my best week was the week of xmas when i wasnt logging anything or doing any workouts. i figured my body was working off all i had done the weeks before......just dont know if i am doing things right. working out 3-5 days a week for at least 30 min. i usually burn at least 400 cal. eating 1200 cal +. help:cry:
  • mrhappy
    mrhappy Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    :cry: well, i know it can be frustrating. i am not a personal health trainer, so without getting in over my head, I'd suggest two things: 1) Look at the exercising you're doing, and try to change it up (new routines, new activities, 45 min instead of 30...) It may be your body has plateaued. 2) Examine the types of calories you're getting. Without going into a lot of detail, some research on your part may show that the types of calories you're ingesting are wrong for weight loss. Most of all -don't give up!!! We've all been there - keep trying!:drinker:
  • réalta
    réalta Posts: 895 Member
    Options
    dont be upset, 4.5 pounds is fantastic! :flowerforyou:

are you eating your exercise calories, 1200 cals is very low, you should be eating at least some of those exercise cals, or you body could go into starvation mode
  • Poison5119
    Poison5119 Posts: 1,460 Member
    Options
    4 lbs in one month is sterling. Try to remember one thing -- weight yo-yo's slightly due to water weight, time of month, etc, and you need to cut yourself some slack.

Also, remember you are learning a new way of life, not just trying to shrink numbers. Have you taken your measurements? If you haven't, you may have lost impressive numbers, more impressive than the scales numbers!! Take them now, and record them so that next month when you re-measure, you will be pleasantly surprised.

Good luck and keep us all posted!!
  • simonenmike
    Options
    You LOST weight during the Holidays!!!!!!!!!!!! GREAT JOB!!!!! I have lost about 9 lbs since I started in late Oct. , My Dr. is amazed I have lost that much during the Holidays. Continue to take good care of yourself- and eat those exercise calories like others have suggested-
  • amccarville
    Options
    thanks to have that have replied and read my entry. i will keep working at it. i did find a new workout plan that i am going to try for a month. i will let you know how it works.
  • stacystar
    stacystar Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    I get frustrated when I don't get what I want when I want it--and weight loss is so hard to wait for. You just have to remember that you are doing something good for yourself. Those could have been gained pounds and that is even more frustrating. I agree with what the others are saying about making sure you are eating enough. I think we are all so use to cutting to lose that it just seems weird to be able to actually eat and lose. You can do it
  • Anna_Banana
    Anna_Banana Posts: 2,939 Member
    Options
    With only 25 to lose the most you will probably lose is 1 pound a week (average) You can set your goal for 2 pounds, but if you look at the bottom of the page when you start that goal it will tell you what you can expect to lose.

Believe me taking of the pounds is a slow process, but you need to take it slow and develope habits that will help you keep it off. You may not be eating enough, and that could explain why you actually lost weight over Christmas. Make sure to add in those exercise calories. Your body needs them to refuel. Without fuel your body will slow down and you will end up losing less. Also what you eat does make a difference. I know people will say a calorie is a calorie, but if you eat something like eggs for breakfast you will stay full longer, and will prevent spikes in blood sugar which is benifcial to weight loss.

Keep with it. It might take you a half of year to get 25 pounds off, but at least you'll feel better and weigh 25 pounds less. If you give up you will look and feel like you do now.
  • torbaydi
    Options
    you've been given some fab advice hunny, dont beat yourself up ok 4.5lb loss is fantastic its better than a gain after all, keep at it all those pounds soon mount up
    hugs
    x