Perfect 10 Buddy Club 01.05.09-01.11.09

Options
Morning, ladies! How's everyone doing on staying on track? I had a rough day yesterday, but back on track today with my eating. Stayed up too late (still on holiday time), so I'll have to work out tonight after work, which is a struggle for me.

Replies

• saryann79
    saryann79 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Morning, ladies! How's everyone doing on staying on track? I had a rough day yesterday, but back on track today with my eating. Stayed up too late (still on holiday time), so I'll have to work out tonight after work, which is a struggle for me.
  • gis35
    gis35 Posts: 54
    Options
    Morning Saryann and fellow buddies,
    i had the same problem the entire weekend and although i was concious of what i was doing when i was putting the food into my mouth, but i felt powerless to stop myself, today is brand new day :smile:
  • nickybr38
    nickybr38 Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    I did really well over the holidays because I was sick and couldn't eat much. HOWEVER, I still managed to put on three pounds. Haha. Oh well.

Have a great day everyone! :happy:
  • OctoberBabe
    OctoberBabe Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Hello Everyone

I gained 3 pounds over the holidays which I'm not depressed about cause I normally do worse. I am having a problem on the weekends with logging my calories. M-F I do so good but come the weekend I try to do it in my head so needless to say I need to fix that problem. I am trying to mix up my workouts so my body doesnt get use to the same things. I also received the 30 day shred dvd for Christmas so now the days I cant go to gym I have that to do at home.

I am excited about losing this weight. The holidays are over and time to buckle down and get it off!!!

Who is with me on this:happy:
    2009 is going to be a great weight lose year for us all:drinker:
  • abs0830
    abs0830 Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    Hello Everyone! Things have been hectic here. I think I'm finally able to get back into my routine. I didn't gain any weight, but I haven't been eating the best and I can tell. It's been pretty dreary here and that makes me sleepy and for some reason I've been craving very bad for you Oreos.

My goal for the day is to get all my water in. I was barely able to last night and I'm hoping that today I can polish off 8 glasses before going home. I am also going to try to exercise tonight. My entire body has been very sore the past few days, so I haven't been able to exercise. I'm feeling a little better today, so that's my goal.
  • OctoberBabe
    Options
    Water has become a struggle for me. I'm not a big drinker so to even to get 8-8's has now become a problem. I have tried the favor water and still having the same problem. I have tried different types of containers. Right now I use a 20 oz water bottle.

Help....does anyone have ideas or had the same problem?
  • saryann79
    Options
    I use a 32 ounce aluminum bottle that I take everywhere with me. I know that I must drink two of those each day, and try for three. I also like Crystal Light, which isn't as good as water, but it is a close second with almost no calories and no caffeine or sugar. I also like adding lemon juice to my water. And I drink it faster when it is cold. Hope that helps! Drink up! :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker:
  • punka274
    punka274 Posts: 895
    Options
    Afternoon! Looks like everybody is doing well!

saryann79- I love crystal light to change things up a bit...but i find that if I drink alot of them, I end up with a headach. I think its the aspartame in it:sick: .....my favorite is the cherry,yum

OctoberBabe-I know this is a stupid question but have you tried drinking the water very cold? I love ice cold water....i keep the same water bottles and just keep filling them up,making sure there ice cold from the fridge. If you can get into the habit of drinking it....you can tell a world of difference in how you feel,just remind yourself that your doing if for YOU.

abs0830-How did you do on your goal the other day? Did you get a chance to workout?

nickybr38-i hope your feeling better....

Im REALLY trying to pysch myself out about doing a workout today....just not in the mood. My husband got laid off about two weeks before christmas and were stuggling to make ends meet. He's been out just about every day looking for a job....Life can be such a pain sometimes:grumble: :angry: ....the good news is that tax season is just around the corner.....:wink:
  • nickybr38
    nickybr38 Posts: 674 Member
    Options

Im REALLY trying to pysch myself out about doing a workout today....just not in the mood. My husband got laid off about two weeks before christmas and were stuggling to make ends meet. He's been out just about every day looking for a job....Life can be such a pain sometimes:grumble: :angry: ....the good news is that tax season is just around the corner.....:wink:

Oh man. I hope he finds work soon!
  • saryann79
    Options

I sure hope your hubby finds work! Such a rough time all around...
  • saryann79
    Options
    I've been "pseudo" back on track this week, and didn't lose a pound. I didn't gain either, but grrr, it's frustrating! Of course this afternoon, we had a "catered lunch" from one of the local vendors and she brings in about 15 pizzas and calls it lunch. Which, by most accounts (my husband and step dtr's included), is a perfect lunch, but I didn't bring a back up plan and so that was my lunch. Pizza is one of my weaknesses. I have a lovely healthy dinner planned, so I'm back on track. Just didn't work out that hard this morning and I'm sure the scale will show my pizzas tomorrow!
  • punka274
    Options
    Good Morning Buddies!

I managed to squeeze in that workout yesterday.

Today is a full body weight workout. Im still same weight I was on janurary first...maybe my body is just getting use to me being on track :laugh: i haven't really cheated any (had one meal saturday night). I wish it would move down and give me some motivation. I really wanted a cookie last night but I didnt have enough calories to cover it

Thanks guys for your encouragement yesterday...it means alot!:flowerforyou:

Hey to everybody that follows!
  • abs0830
    abs0830 Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    Nickybr- Yes, I did get that workout in. I convinced myself (somehow) that it was necessary to get me out of my bad mood. I really hope he finds something soon. Good luck and keep us posted!

So, yesterday I did not drink all of my water, but I have worked out for 60 minutes for three days in a row. Tonight I'm working out again. Tomorrow I have some medical tests, so I won't be able to exercise and then Saturday I may be in too much pain to exercise. But, Sunday I should be back on top of things.

punka-Don't get too discouraged. I started here in November and haven't lost that much...however I finally budged out of my plateau and am really excited about that. You'll get there too, I promise!
  • OctoberBabe
    Options
    punka274 - i will have to try that. I will try anything. I know I need to get the water in and more probably. I can usually get in 4 to 6 - 8oz but after that it gets hard.

Im with you on the hubby thing. My husband lost his job at the end of the year as well and it is very hard to make it without that income. But we all will make it and I pledge 2009 to be a better year for us all in every aspect of our lives.
  • saryann79
    Options
    Here's to 2009! :drinker: :drinker: :drinker:

I usually start out the new year very optimistic, with a lot of goals and a good outlook, and I just don't have that. I'm eating whatever I want and not exercising daily. Seems like I think about food all the time. I'm not sure what my "rut" is right now, but I need to find a way out of it because I HAVE to do this. I also quit smoking on Jan 1, and I still haven't smoked, but I think that might be part of my problem - it's like losing a good friend. (Sad but true.) I read the posts of people who have lost a lot of weight and they all describe this time when they finally said enough is enough. I've been there over and over again, and it doesn't seem to be enough to change my habits. Boo hoo! :sad: :sad: :sad:

I think my plan is to set some realistic goals, post them everywhere I can see them, and make small changes to my life. My first goal (besides not smoking) is not to eat 2 hours before bedtime (so my cut off time is 8 pm). My second goal is to drink at least 12 glasses of water per day (or 96 ounces). Then, I want to exercise 30 minutes 5 times per week. My last goal is to eat at least six servings of fruits and veggies per day. With all of these mini goals, I should be getting closer to actually reaching my GOAL of losing weight for once and for all. I'm working on losing 10 pounds at a time, and gained back 3 of the 5 pounds I lost over Christmas, so I have 8 pounds to go. Wish me luck. Thanks for letting me vent and actually list my goals so I can be accountable to someone! :happy: :happy: :happy:
  • gis35
    gis35 Posts: 54
    Options
    i think it's natural to falter from time to time, but the trick is not to give up completely. After Christmas, i felt like giving up also, because since i joined MFP, i've only lost 1lb, because i've been snacking a lot. I haven't given up on exercise, but i do need to clean up my diet, :drinker:
  • OctoberBabe
    Options
    I joined MFP in Nov 08 and lost 2 lbs then gained 3 lbs over the holidays. I have lost 1 of the 3 but still not enough for my ticker to move. :mad: It is very hard and fustrating. :grumble: I do try to only eat the calories I'm suppose to each day and I think thats why Im not moving the scale. I'm just maintaining what I have. I need to step it up and get this weight off.

I need to work on water intake and exercise. I have food pretty much under control (to a point) but still not enough to lose. I have a candy bar in my desk that someone gave me for Christmas and a year ago it would have been gone the day I got it. But its still there and that makes me proud of myself.

I hate having to lose the same lbs two or three times before they stay off. :grumble: I have to stop this madness and focus this year. People we have to pull together and fight for what we want in our lives.
  • punka274
    Options
    Hey guys! Good afternoon!

Ive managed to stay withing my calorie range this whole week,drink my water and get in some good workouts! Yay,heres to another good week. :drinker: I may jump on the scale tommorrow just to see what it says!

Octoberbabe-im so sorry that your going through the job loss situation too...there are so manys out there out of work. Lets keep up hope that all of this will change soon:flowerforyou: Im gonna stay positive and just keep going.....hugs to you!

Hey to all my buddies! Have a great weekend......:drinker:
  • kelhun1
    kelhun1 Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    Hello all! I am glad to see so many of you still here. I apologize for being on hiatus...it is time for me to get serious again. I had a major mental set back. I asked for a new scale for Christmas, which my dear mother in law got me. Unfortunately, it weighs me (and everyone else) at about 5% heavier! It was like I gained 10 pounds in 10 seconds! :mad: I know that I have actually lost weight, but now on my new scale it's like I'm back to week one! That "old" number just got the best of me. I quit logging my food and watching what I put in my mouth. I am ready to start again...with my new scale and my old weight.:grumble: Here's to losing the same ten pounds over and over again:drinker: :drinker: :smile: