Diary help

Please take a look at my diary plan for TOMORROW (my past diary posts aren't complete or accurate). I've had so much trouble sticking to my plan in the past, and I end up consuming way too many carbs. I've been really afraid of fats, and I think it's holding me back from reaching my goals. I never feel completely satisfied, and therefore turn to carbs. I'm thinking about adding a nut and seed bar to get some healthy fats in there.

Feedback would be greatly appreciated!!!!!!! I'm feeling really frustrated with myself.

Replies

• hyde1977
    hyde1977 Posts: 476 Member
    What are you worried about?!?!?! all the stuff you are eatting for tomorrow is great. All the fats...are "good fats" I wish I could eat like this everyday! The nut and seed bar should really help if you are not feeling satisfied....I know I add cashews, almonds and macadina nuts as often as I can!
  • naonah
    naonah Posts: 119 Member
    Hi,

Your diary looks good. If you are not satisfied, I would increase the protein, nuts are good and their fat is good fat. However, watch the portion cause it's easy to over do it. Also, you might want to eat small healthy snacks between meals. For example, a hard boiled egg, carrots and hummus, banana and peanut or almond butter. That sort of stuff. They wil fill your tummy and fuel your body. Bars are awesome when you're hungry and on the go as emergency fuel. However they shouldn't be your first option when feeling hungry. I have a low sugar one maybe once a day.

Hope this helps!
  • I would also recommend increasing protein and possibly some more good fats (almonds, avocado, flax oil) if you are not satisfied. If increasing the fats, be mindful where you include them though. Try to keep them separate from carbs (more importantly sugar) as some carbs can spike your insulin levels and result in storing fats (unless you are post workout). The majority of your carbs are good, however I did notice that the energy bars have quite a bit of sugar (almost have of their carbs come from sugar). I would tweak the recipe, or eat a real meal that is more balanced and has less sugar. It will also be more satisfying. Something I will eat (especially at the end of the night) if I am still hungry is egg whites and a few almonds (roughly 8 to 10).