Running NSV

Options
So I ran my first double digit run today! 10 miles baby! I had to stop and walk quite a bit due to a side stitch, but I made it! Half marathon here I come!

Replies

• cornerofgreystreet
    Options
    Thats awesome!! Congratulations!
  • DaniellePF
    DaniellePF Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    Good for you! You are my hero! I can make it to 8 before I feel like dying---so 10 would be such an incredible feeling, good for you!!!!!
  • Nikstergirl
    Nikstergirl Posts: 1,549 Member
    Options
    Yay! If you can do 10 you can TOTALLY do a 1/2! When is the race? Hope you have a few more weeks to get a few more long runs under your belt, but you are so close!!!!

Great job!
  • CaptainMFP
    CaptainMFP Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    Nice job! I went for my first 10 and fell just short (9.88 miles) but that just means I have something to look forward to. Way to go for you! :smile:
  • adhillman01
    Options
    My race isn't until November 5th, so I'll be up to a full half marathon training run by then (actually I'll get a couple in). I'm super excited!
  • dorisholaway
    dorisholaway Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    Excellent NSV
  • Jesse13
    Options
    Great NSV...
  • adhillman01
    Options
    Do you guys think I should just stick to a couple of 13 mile runs, or should I keep pushing my long runs to longer than that? I still have almost a month and a half, as I started training really early.
  • Amy_B
    Amy_B Posts: 2,323 Member
    Options
    Fantastic!!!!!! That was one of the best feelings (besides actually finishing the half).
  • adhillman01
    Options
    Oh no! I think I'm going to cry. I just went to register for the race, and it's sold out!
  • CoraGregoryCPA
    CoraGregoryCPA Posts: 1,097 Member
    Options
    Awesome!!! A lot of races today!!
  • UltraRunnerGale
    UltraRunnerGale Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    SUPER job!! A half is definitely in your future!! BTW... there is nothing wrong with walking. To road runners, walking is a bad word. Trail runners walk all of the time!! :bigsmile:
  • LisaMariaCallow
    Options
    Awesome!!
  • BobbyDaniel
    BobbyDaniel Posts: 1,460 Member
    Options
    Great NSV and an encouraging one too! I ran 9.6 today, my furthest run EVER...so I will hopefully be breaking that double digit barrier soon, so THANK YOU for sharing it!
  • themyriadthings
    themyriadthings Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    "Oh no! I think I'm going to cry. I just went to register for the race, and it's sold out!"

Oh that is too bad! Some of the popular races do sell out quickly. Is there another one you can register for in the new year? Just think how fast you will be by then!!
  • adhillman01
    Options
    I just found several that are actually closer to me than the one I was looking at. There's one October 1st and one on Thanksgiving Day. Three weeks is really close. I won't be able to run a full half distance AND taper down. What to do?
  • nuttyfamily
    nuttyfamily Posts: 3,394 Member
    Options
    Congrats!

I have my first one on the 9th of October.

My next long run will be nine tomorrow so you could do one on the 1st.

My long Sunday runs are as followed as:
    tomorrow = 9
    Then 10.5, 12, 6 or 9, then race day.

I was increasing by one mile a week but now 1.5 for the following next two weeks.

You could do 11.5 and then 13 then taper one week then race day.

Folks keep saying once you hit ten, you can totally run a half.

YOU CAN DO IT!
  • arc918
    arc918 Posts: 2,037 Member
    Options
    I just found several that are actually closer to me than the one I was looking at. There's one October 1st and one on Thanksgiving Day. Three weeks is really close. I won't be able to run a full half distance AND taper down. What to do?

Do both, your fitness from the first one with carryover to the next one. They are ~ 7 week apart, that is plenty to recover, get a few long runs in and taper for race day.
  • Kwika
    Kwika Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    Hey, that's great. I ran a half marathon last Feb. A word of advice, if you haven't done any warm weather runs, you might want to get some in as you never know what the weather will do on race day. Also I don't know if you have water with you during your runs but it is very important to stay hydrated during your runs. I use a hydration for my long runs and it really helps. Just remember that you are doing great and keep up the good work and Never Give Up.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!