diced 1/3 cup grated Parmesan or Romano cheese
    1/4 cup minced fresh parsley
    2 garlic cloves, minced
    1/2 cup chicken broth
    1/2 teaspoon salt
    1/8 teaspoon pepper
    2 tablespoons butter or stick margarine, melted
    Directions
    Cut zucchini in half lengthwise. With a spoon, scoop out and reserve pulp, leaving 3/8-in. shell. Cook shells in salted water for 2 minutes; remove and drain. Chop zucchini pulp; place in a bowl. Add the bread crumbs, eggs, tomato, Parmesan cheese, parsley and garlic. Stir in broth, salt and pepper. Stuff into zucchini shells.
    Place in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. x 2-in. baking dish. Drizzle with butter. Bake, uncovered, at 350 degrees F for 20 minutes or until golden brown.
  • bhankiii
    bhankiii Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    I like it broiled with olive oil, dill and pepper. Then with a little cheese grated on after. Especially mixed with yellow squash. It's simple and light.
  • AMYJK7110
    AMYJK7110 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    I like it broiled with olive oil, dill and pepper. Then with a little cheese grated on after. Especially mixed with yellow squash. It's simple and light.

Totally off topic, but omg! You have a frenchie?! I love frenchies! :)

On topic, how big is too big for zucchini? (for it to be considered "good") A friend gave me one from his garden, and I've already eaten 1/2 of it, grilled, and that's what I plan on eating today. It was good and not too seedy, so I'm assuming it was alright?
  • laulyn
    laulyn Posts: 70
    Options
    Fried 'n True

Your days of hiding from fried zucchini are over. Embrace your love of this formerly off-limits fried stuff NOW with this new HG creation...

Ingredients:
    2 large zucchini; ends removed
    3/4 cup Fiber One bran cereal (original); ground to a breadcrumb-like consistency in a blender or food processor
    1/4 cup fat-free liquid egg substitute (like Egg Beaters)
    1 tbsp. powdered ranch dressing/dip mix
    1/4 tsp. plus 1 dash garlic powder
    1/4 tsp. plus 1 dash onion powder
    1/4 tsp. plus 1 dash oregano
    2 dashes pepper
    2 dashes salt

Directions:
    Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Cut zucchini into half-inch-wide circles. Blot away any excess moisture with a paper towel. Fill a medium-sized dish with egg substitute, and season with a dash each of garlic powder, onion powder, oregano, salt, and pepper. In a separate medium-sized container, combine cereal breadcrumbs with 1/4 tsp. each of garlic powder, onion powder, and oregano -- add the ranch mix and a dash each of salt and pepper, and then mix well. Set out a baking pan, and spray with nonstick spray. Toss zucchini circles in the egg substitute until they are all evenly covered. One by one, coat zucchini with breadcrumbs (giving them a shake first to remove excess egg substitute), and lay them flat on the baking pan. Place in the oven, and bake for 10 minutes. Flip zucchini circles over, and return to the oven for about 10 more minutes, or until outsides are crispy and zucchini is cooked through. MAKES 3 SERVINGS

Serving Size: 1/3rd of recipe (1 generous serving)
    Calories: 78
    Fat: <1g
    Sodium: 578mg
    Carbs: 20g
    Fiber: 9g
    Sugars: 4g
    Protein: 5g

POINTS® value 1*

LOVE LOVE LOVE this.
  • laulyn
    laulyn Posts: 70
    Options
    Fried 'n True

Your days of hiding from fried zucchini are over. Embrace your love of this formerly off-limits fried stuff NOW with this new HG creation...

Ingredients:
    2 large zucchini; ends removed
    3/4 cup Fiber One bran cereal (original); ground to a breadcrumb-like consistency in a blender or food processor
    1/4 cup fat-free liquid egg substitute (like Egg Beaters)
    1 tbsp. powdered ranch dressing/dip mix
    1/4 tsp. plus 1 dash garlic powder
    1/4 tsp. plus 1 dash onion powder
    1/4 tsp. plus 1 dash oregano
    2 dashes pepper
    2 dashes salt

Directions:
    Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Cut zucchini into half-inch-wide circles. Blot away any excess moisture with a paper towel. Fill a medium-sized dish with egg substitute, and season with a dash each of garlic powder, onion powder, oregano, salt, and pepper. In a separate medium-sized container, combine cereal breadcrumbs with 1/4 tsp. each of garlic powder, onion powder, and oregano -- add the ranch mix and a dash each of salt and pepper, and then mix well. Set out a baking pan, and spray with nonstick spray. Toss zucchini circles in the egg substitute until they are all evenly covered. One by one, coat zucchini with breadcrumbs (giving them a shake first to remove excess egg substitute), and lay them flat on the baking pan. Place in the oven, and bake for 10 minutes. Flip zucchini circles over, and return to the oven for about 10 more minutes, or until outsides are crispy and zucchini is cooked through. MAKES 3 SERVINGS

Serving Size: 1/3rd of recipe (1 generous serving)
    Calories: 78
    Fat: <1g
    Sodium: 578mg
    Carbs: 20g
    Fiber: 9g
    Sugars: 4g
    Protein: 5g

POINTS® value 1*

LOVE LOVE LOVE this.

I need yo give credit to Hungry Girl for this one. It is in her 200 under 200 cookbook.
  • Erica27511
    Erica27511 Posts: 490 Member
    Options
    Just made this last night. Delish. From Skinnytaste

Angel Hair with Zucchini and Tomatoes
    Skinnytaste.com
    Servings: 4 • Size: divide in 4 equal servings • Old Points: 5 • Points+: 7 pts
    Calories: 254.4 • Fat: 5.7 g • Protein: 7.4 g • Carb: 51.0 g • Fiber: 7.8 g • Sugar: 2.6

Ingredients:

2 zucchini, julienne or cut into ribbons
    4 cloves garlic, chopped
    2 shallots, diced
    3 tomatoes, diced
    4 tsp olive oil
    salt and pepper
    crushed red pepper flakes to taste
    8 oz angel hair pasta, I used Ronzoni Smart Taste
    2 tbsp chopped fresh parsley
    1/4 cup low-sodium fat-free chicken or (vegetable broth for vegetarian)

Directions:

In a large pot of salted boiling water, cook pasta according to instructions.

While pasta is cooking, in a large saute pan, heat pan on medium-high flame, add oil when pan is hot. Add garlic and shallots to the pan and saute about 1 minute. Add zucchini and season with salt and pepper. Cook about 2 minutes, add tomatoes, crushed red pepper flakes, parsley, chicken broth and adjust salt and pepper. Stir for another minute. Remove from flame.

Drain pasta when done reserving some of the water and and toss the pasta well with zucchini. Add pasta water if needed and serve with grated Parmesan (optional).