looking for motivational friends

Options
About 4 weeks ago I started medical school. And in those first 3 weeks, I put on 6 pounds.

I am 25 years old - and I have been from a BMI of 19 to 26 and back again. Now I am somewhere towards that 19, but not quite at 19. I want to get back there. I want to enhance my muscles and strengthen my core.

I am trying to expand my support network. I am working hard to keep things together. I do not want medical school (or anything else) to be an excuse. I want to continue to improve my health. I want to get back to where I was. I want to make a difference.

I just started a 30 day fitness program called Brazil Butt Lifts - shoot me a message if you want to do it with me!

Anyone else just start a new job/course/lifestyle? Or anyone just looking to expand their network?

Replies

• fitplease
    fitplease Posts: 647 Member
    Options
    Grad school (in any form) is an easy way to put on weight because we spend a lot of sedentary time studying and doing research. I recommend making a schedule for times that you can work out. If you can build your study breaks around them, all the better. In my first year of grad school, I used to walk around the room or the neighborhood for breaks. As I got into the program more, I didn't do as much. It would have helped with the stress if I had kept it up.

As you get into doing your rounds, you will be more active, but even then, having some other kinds of exercise will help with your stress levels.

Best wishes to you! Sounds like you are off to a great start!
  • _GlaDOS_
    _GlaDOS_ Posts: 1,520 Member
    Options
    You are awesome and I hope I can help you along the way! :flowerforyou: