PURPLE PEOPLE EATERS

Options
Just checking to see where you all are? How are you doing today. How did your sunday go? Has anyone started on the squats, calf raise, crunches, jumping jacks etc. challenge?

Replies

• suprjewels
    Options
    Just checking to see where you all are? How are you doing today. How did your sunday go? Has anyone started on the squats, calf raise, crunches, jumping jacks etc. challenge?
  • TRLTAMPA
    TRLTAMPA Posts: 824
    Options
    Sunday was kind of a bust. I didn't overeat, but I was lazy. So I'm trying to make up for it today. I think I crashed on my sugar and salt free diet.....terrible headache
  • upskari4
    Options
    Sunday is my cheat day. :smile: I am going to the gym in about an hour to do my workout for today. GO Purple! :drinker:
  • suprjewels
    Options
    sunday is my no workout day as well. but, I did good on my calories I only went over by less than 100. I even brought can soup to my grandmas for my lunch. boy was I glad I did. She made sloppy joes. I don't think that would have been 240 calories like my soup. :laugh: But, today is back to the workout board. As soon as I get my son off to school I will start the challenge workout.
  • supermom1114
    Options
    sunday is my no workout day as well. but, I did good on my calories I only went over by less than 100. I even brought can soup to my grandmas for my lunch. boy was I glad I did. She made sloppy joes. I don't think that would have been 240 calories like my soup. :laugh: But, today is back to the workout board. As soon as I get my son off to school I will start the challenge workout.

It depends how you make the sloppy joes. I use ground turkey, tomato paste, green bell pepper and McCormick Sloppy Joe Seasoning and whole wheat buns dont know the exact calorie count but I feel like its healthier and I cant give up sloppy joes, I just love em lol
  • suprjewels
    Options

It depends how you make the sloppy joes. I use ground turkey, tomato paste, green bell pepper and McCormick Sloppy Joe Seasoning and whole wheat buns dont know the exact calorie count but I feel like its healthier and I cant give up sloppy joes, I just love em lol
    hers were definately not healthy. ground beef and not lean. a can of tomatoe sauce and hot dog buns. But, I'll have to try your version because I love them as well. thanks
  • supermom1114
    Options
    If you buy the mccormick seasoning the recipe is on the back just replace the ground beef with ground turkey add half a green bell pepper chopped up and use whole wheat buns YUM! Add the bell pepper as soon as the turkey is cooked so it has time to get tender
  • suprjewels
    Options
    Thank you! I will have to do that for a meal later this week. the family loves sloppy joes.
    I have a might be a silly question. My husband has high cholesterol, being he's 29 and the doc is considering meds. It's definately in need of a lifestyle change instead of meds. He's thin so weightloss is not needed. We've cut out red meat and only have it once a month. But, I never thought about ground hamburger being red meat. We never cut it out. We should, shouldn't we? Replace it with ground turkey? Opinion please!!
  • zaza54
    zaza54 Posts: 1,475 Member
    Options
    Hi-
    Just checking in. I did make it to the gym today. While I am in no way in the same league as most of you in terms of exercising, my legs are really feeling what I did today! So that must be good.
    Am going to take a little rest and then start making chicken parm and broccoli for dinner. My youngest will be going back to college soon and I want him to have all his favorites before he leaves. We've been taking down Christmas decorations and that's always a little sad. Then again, going up and down the stairs is good exercise. No wonder my legs hurt!
  • supermom1114
    Options
    Thank you! I will have to do that for a meal later this week. the family loves sloppy joes.
    I have a might be a silly question. My husband has high cholesterol, being he's 29 and the doc is considering meds. It's definately in need of a lifestyle change instead of meds. He's thin so weightloss is not needed. We've cut out red meat and only have it once a month. But, I never thought about ground hamburger being red meat. We never cut it out. We should, shouldn't we? Replace it with ground turkey? Opinion please!!

Yup, I'd replace all ground beef with ground turkey if you can:happy:
  • suprjewels
    Options
    I can do that i'm in charge of meals!1:bigsmile: So thanks for the advice.
  • suprjewels
    Options
    Hi-
    Just checking in. I did make it to the gym today. While I am in no way in the same league as most of you in terms of exercising, my legs are really feeling what I did today! So that must be good.
    Am going to take a little rest and then start making chicken parm and broccoli for dinner. My youngest will be going back to college soon and I want him to have all his favorites before he leaves. We've been taking down Christmas decorations and that's always a little sad. Then again, going up and down the stairs is good exercise. No wonder my legs hurt!
    if you're sore than you are working those muscles!! Great Job!!! Everyone starts at different levels. But, we all end in the same place. HEALTHY:drinker:
  • 4real
    4real Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Hey there, I have completed my 60 Jumping Jacks, 100 crunches w/ ball, 45 sqats w/ ball, 45 Side twist w/ 3 lb. medicine ball, 15 Wii Tennis. I'll finish my last 15 minutes of wii tennis and 30 minutes of boxing later this evening. I feel soooo good right now:smile::smile: :smile:
  • suprjewels
    Options
    Hey there, I have completed my 60 Jumping Jacks, 100 crunches w/ ball, 45 sqats w/ ball, 45 Side twist w/ 3 lb. medicine ball, 15 Wii Tennis. I'll finish my last 15 minutes of wii tennis and 30 minutes of boxing later this evening. I feel soooo good right now:smile::smile: :smile:
    that is just plain AWESOME! You got me on the wii boxing. there's just no way. I'll stick to bowling :wink:
  • familygirl37167
    familygirl37167 Posts: 2,088 Member
    Options
    I did really good today I did 100 crunches on the ball and I waitressed for 6 hours and never sat down so to me that exercise, I would think, hope everyone has a good night. Get your weight to me at the lastest wednesday b y noon. Tamara
  • zaza54
    zaza54 Posts: 1,475 Member
    Options
    Tamara, how do you do it?! Waitressing is absolutely exercise.
  • Skittles6617
    Skittles6617 Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    Tamara, you looking good girlfriend!!!! I am stuck yet again....sigh....but oh well....will eventually get there. Gotta show **** what he is missing LOL......